Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Hope Floyd Mayweather is Next For Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather's running out of opponents????.....????

Comment

This fight has lost its luster because they cant market Manny as the man to beat Floyd anymore. Mannys fell off period point blank. Thats why his numbers arent as high because the Mayweather haters have moved on from Manny to Martinez.

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz278Te00Rs
        This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

"Marquez was not the first choice. We wanted Mayweather [for December]

I thought they wanted Cotto for December. Wasn't he also their first choice as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

I thought they wanted Cotto for December. Wasn't he also their first choice as well?
          According to Bob Arum, Cotto was one of the three names that he gave Pac to pick from and Cotto was Pac's very first choice. Bob said Floyd will be next year which IMO is going to be Pac's last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            According to Bob Arum, Cotto was one of the three names that he gave Pac to pick from and Cotto was Pac's very first choice. Bob said Floyd will be next year which IMO is going to be Pac's last fight.
            Lets bet 10Mill the fight doesn't get made for next year or ever?

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Dude, worry about your master Floyd. Do you know who he is going to fight next? Where is his promise of five more fights when he was promoting Cotto? Why is he taking his time again? Don't know why you people allow yourselves to be duped by this individual. Wake up!

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post

I know right.
                What he meant to say is manny is fighting their first choice on dec 8th. Cotto was never a real option. Same for Floyd. Arum has said for a while they wanted Floyd next year. We are watching the top rank double elimination tournament. Pac's out if he loses this one. Then Marquez moves on to face Bradley on the next round.

Comment

It's not going to happen. Mayweather isn't going to fight this year, so he will probably look to fight in May which means he will have been out of the ring a year (again). He's not going to jump straight in with Pac without another warm up. And all of this is premised on Pac beating JMM, which is no given.

I really do think it's time to move on from this fight. If it had happened in 2010 it would have been immense. The two best fighters in the world squaring off for genuine pound for pound supremacy. Pac's now 'lost' and looked poor in his last few fights - the event just isn't the same.

Comment

We know Jmm wasnt the 1st choice...............Cotto was at a catchweight

Comment

Ive noticed that every time Pacquiao has a fight coming up, especially vs Marquez, they start mentioning Mayweather is "next".

Comment

Working...
                      X