Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Stops Alfredo Angulo in a Classic War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To think that when they were undefeated it looked like they were on a collision course.

A lot of negative events happened to both fighters and the fight still got made but not at the level of interest it should had.

I guess if things were different they could had been a chance that they never fought each other.

Comment

• Saying Angulo was overhyped is ignorant. If anyone says that Kirklands loss against Ishida was because he was not conditioned properly then they cannot say Angulo loss was not entirely because of Kirkland. Angulo was not conditioned properly, like Kirland's. A fighter in great condition does NOT gass out after a round. Both Angulo and Kirkland lost because they were not in condition.

Comment

• Skip Bayless probably thought this fight sucked...

Comment

• the vote count was 127 to 21 for Angulo before the fight.

lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            the vote count was 127 to 21 for Angulo before the fight.

lol.

You shoulda made it a public poll or had a cut off time.

Comment

• Excuses are for biatches, these nut hugger Perrita fans need to stop with the excuses on how he didn't train , he was dehydrated... ur a pro boxer u hv * weeks...All u need STFU and just accept the hype job created by Sulaiman got owned! Haters will Hate! As long a Wolfe is in his corner and his defense becomes better than he will destroy Fraudnello and be the WBC champ! Guy is a beast!

Comment

• The reason why I would bet on Pac against Mayweather is because of that power. He is fast enough to catch Floyd and we have seen Floyd get hit in his last couple fights. Imagine if Pac catches him? It only takes one punch to end da fight. But Floyd is very technical and has great boxing IQ.
                But I do still think that Angulo was hyped up by HBO. When I started watching him, I saw plenty of flaws and they all showed when he faced Cintron. But his fight with Kirkland was probably unexpected because I'm sure this was one of those fights where they were trying to protect Angulo until he can get a nice payday against Alaverez.

Comment

• Awesome fight! I showed it to my wife this morn along with the Cote/Teron fight that aired on Showtime's undercard of the Bute/Johnson fight.

I've been a Kikland fan for 5 years or more. Was really bummed when he went to jail as other than Berto, he was one of the other really exciting guys to watch in the ring. His loss to Ishida was a SHOCK to me for sure.

After the 1st 30 seconds, I was having serious doubts about the long term prospects for his chin...maybe the Ishida fight wasn't a fluke! Regardless, Kirkland has in the past relied on his explosiveness to shock other fighters who usually never get a chance to respond properly or "box" due the fights ending in rapid manner often. Now that James has fought someone tough, I think he's got a chance in the division. Would love to see a Canelo, Andy Lee, Chavez Jr. or Serg Martinez matchup among others...even would love to see Margarito get his ass beat one more time too! BTW, dunno wth Cotto is doing playing around in the 154 class. I don't think he has any intention of fighting a guy like Kirkland or Martinez!

But yeah, Kirkland has some defense problems. Anne Wolf seems to be doing the job getting him into shape, but I think has done him a dis-service with regards to fighting a bit more smartly. Defensive skills and level headed fighting need to be addressed...not that I'm complaining, because it makes for an exciting fight...it's just that if Kirkland would not have survived the 1st round against Angulo, there would now have been serious doubts about his status among the elite @ 154.

Regardless, thank you to both fighters for an AWESOME action packed fight. Max Kellerman's, "OMG...what just happened?" after the fight was too funny. =)
                  Last edited by speedgsx98; 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post

You shoulda made it a public poll or had a cut off time.
                    Next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      the vote count was 127 to 21 for Angulo before the fight.

lol.
                      Yup, it was 80/20 until fight time.

Comment

Working...
                      X