Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peralta: I Was a Cab Driver, Now I Beat Robert Guerrero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    I just applied for a job with Uber. I hope I get an offer to fight Guerrero next.
    They way Uber is going, you might get a shot at the winner of a Mayweather-McGregor-Pacquiao death match.

Them dudes are not playing games.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Yea pretty crazy. Guy wasn't even top 100 on boxrec. Robert should either retire or find a new trainer. He's plateaued with Rubin
      Ruben was never any good in the corner. He's a cheerleader, a motivator. "Take it like a man" is not good advice in the corner. "Back him up" was always Robert's plan. Ruben might know how to get into shape, but when Robert starts getting beat up, his advice is fatherly not technical.

Comment

Good upset.

Comment

Golovkins next opponent is found.

Comment

Too many commercials I'd like to hear the advice in the corner! The judges’ scores were 115-113 (Zachary Young), 113-115 (Jerry Cantu) and 116-112 (Max DeLuca).

Guerrero had addressed the height difference by devoting attention to pounding Peralta’s body in the first round.

The ghost took the height advantage away working the body in the 1st rounds of the fight! What happened?

Guerrero let power punches fly in the third and cleanly struck Peralta in the head, body and chest, easily winning the first 4 rounds.

Time for a fresh set of eyes or retirement!

Comment

Cab Driver?

Is it a Tuktuk Cab?

Comment

Was there fornthe fights, gotta say idk if it was just there onpr on tv aswell they were all pretty boring, and live guerrero fight looked likemcould have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
                  Was there fornthe fights, gotta say idk if it was just there onpr on tv aswell they were all pretty boring, and live guerrero fight looked likemcould have gone either way.
                  Peralta scored a KD that wasn't scored in the 9th. That should make the fight go his way if any doubt.

Comment

This guy was actually a cab driver! FFS. is there such a thing as being a professional tomato can.

Comment

This just shows how PBC operates. They don't just find bums for their A-sides to fight, they search out the entire top 200 on boxrec in the division for the guy with a respectable W-L record against weak opposition, with no power, who is as out of shape or uncommitted to boxing as possible. They could have picked any of the random guys at 147 with 25-2 or 25-3 records in other countries and low KO percentages, but they picked the guy who was almost retired, and had a second job.

That is how they operate. It's all fake, it's an illusion. They want to keep propping up their guys with name recognition by setting up these fake "tests" against 25-2 fighters, without telling the fans that they only fought no names in a foreign country, and that they're on the verge of retirement. That is how they operate, which is ridiculous because if they stopped protecting all these overrated fighters like Guerrero, and actually let their best guys shine instead of worrying about protecting "names" like Guerrero, that would allow the best guys to actually become names themselves, and then they wouldn't have to pull this illusory bull****.

But, that is how they operate. Anyone who supports PBC should read this article and understand what it means. They didn't just search out an unproven opponent, they literally picked the one with the least power, and who was about to retire, on purpose, and that is their business model. And Guerrero still lost...

Comment

Working...
                      X