Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor to UFC President Dana White: ‘Make the bout’ with Frankie Edgar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor to UFC President Dana White: ‘Make the bout’ with Frankie Edgar

Frankie Edgar appears closer than ever to getting a long-coveted fight with UFC star Conor McGregor.

On Wednesday evening, McGregor popped up on Twitter to with Edgar a happy birthday and green-light a meeting with the ex-champ in December. He even ordered UFC President Dana White to “make the bout” and give his purse to “first responders.”

The aforementioned White has so far to respond. McGregor, of course, is well-known at this point for using social media to stay in the headlines, so it’s unclear whether his message is actually serious, or another ploy for attention (or distraction, as it were).

According to Edgar, it’s the latter if there’s no contract at the end of the timeline.

McGregor said he was scheduled to return to the cage in July before a broken hand pushed back his timeline for recovery. He announced his retirement from the sport in March, shortly before being linked to a sexual assault investigation in his native Dublin.

Edgar was in line to face McGregor shortly after the Irish star won the featherweight title. But instead, McGregor went for the lightweight division, and Edgar met with disappointment as he tried to win the featherweight title.

After a loss to 145-pound champ Max Holloway, Edgar has teased a moved to bantamweight. But he’d certainly call that off if McGregor signed on the dotted line.

He says he will give his purse to charity.

Very uncharacteristic.

When I saw that I started to think this rape rumour might be true.

Comment

lol!! wack azz mcgregor!!! calling out frankie edgar?? wtf? scared of the other sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
        lol!! wack azz mcgregor!!! calling out frankie edgar?? wtf? scared of the other sharks.
        pac stops him fast.. pac old as me.. but younger..

pb32 a billionaire loves his idol connor. i trip on how lil weak azz white boys.. suck on any great white hope.. until a filipino, mexican, black derails his career..

i am a racist.. so many lil bish aazzz white boys say i hate whitey.. i do not care... they try to get me banned...

look homie... if you are white.. and you show some athletic skill.. you will get a big nfl, nba, nhl, golf, tennis, rugby, contract...

back to the spanish word association page.. then on to the jewish website...

we meet when i return.. you will like me and we will laugh.. left hook tua.. might join.. peace hermano

Comment

That's pretty legit if Conor really gives the purse to charity.

Would be a solid fight as well. both guys willing to throw hands and fighting standing. Does nothing for Conor legacy wise but it could be a good tune up. Even if it is wrong to call Frankie a tune up but honestly, Conor shouldn't have problems with Frankie at all.

Comment

I'd rather this fight didn't happen.

I'd like to see Edgar get his last viable shot at another championship belt, fighting at 135.

And Conor would be better off fighting someone his size, like Poirier again.

But if this is what Conor needs to get back on track, or at least finally leave MMA with some closure, then so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              I'd rather this fight didn't happen.

I'd like to see Edgar get his last viable shot at another championship belt, fighting at 135.

And Conor would be better off fighting someone his size, like Poirier again.

But if this is what Conor needs to get back on track, or at least finally leave MMA with some closure, then so be it
              Agreed.

Comment

This match does not intrigue me in the slightest.

Comment

Working...
                X