Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a boxer who's trainer/father messed up their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a boxer who's trainer/father messed up their careers?

it seems that there are alot of father's involved with their son's careers. Is there anyone who should have gotten rid of their father for the sake of their careers? I remember seeing an interview with Spence's father and he said that does not involve himself with the boxing/training stuff and that he let's the professionals do that.

I'd say plenty fell down, but the more famous fighters either had a relationship that worked, or ditched Dad in time.

Eubank Jnr might still be up for debate.

Michael Bentt? Though the career that it would have benefited probably wouldn't have been boxing.

Must admit, I can't understand how a Dad can be in the corner. How do you make good decisions while your son is being punched in the head?

Comment

Robert Guerrero was held back a little I believe. Still has a great resume tho.

Comment

I would have to put Dogboes father up their for ruining his career.
        He definitely did not need that second beat down plus he let both fights go on way to long.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          I'd say plenty fell down, but the more famous fighters either had a relationship that worked, or ditched Dad in time.

Eubank Jnr might still be up for debate.

Michael Bentt? Though the career that it would have benefited probably wouldn't have been boxing.

Must admit, I can't understand how a Dad can be in the corner. How do you make good decisions while your son is being punched in the head?

Never understood this either
          Especially once you hit the pro’s
          I know my judgement would be cloudy as fugh

Comment

Probably be better off asking who's father didn't hamper their career, Anatoly Lomachenko would be one I guess, considering what he has done with Usyk and Vasyl.

Comment

There have been plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                I would have to put Dogboes father up their for ruining his career.
                He definitely did not need that second beat down plus he let both fights go on way to long.
                Yeah he let the 2nd fight go too long but Isaac had to take the rematch he won't have any success moving up his career was basically ruined anyway if he doesn't take the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Yeah he let the 2nd fight go too long but Isaac had to take the rematch he won't have any success moving up his career was basically ruined anyway if he doesn't take the rematch
                  Yer imo he needs to go down as low as he can get cause he's just wayy too short.

Comment

Andrew Wolf comes to mind

Poor Kirkland....

Those thugs who took over Tysons career as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X