Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: This Is Not A Racial War, It's Two Heavyweights Going Toe-To-Toe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonylove View Post
    Let’s be honest most White ppl would love to see Fury become champ. That’s not racial ppl usually identify better with those who look like them

Black ppl support wilder because they can identify with Wilder and want see their own succeed. Simple as that.
    Well your certainly trying to bring it back to race. Lol.

Comment

Tired of the "Racism" BS. Racists are the ones pumping up "racism". Being a victim does never solves anything or brings up a positive result. This is a great fight of the 2 best boxers in the world period. Don't give me the pd for pd BS either. Reality says these 2 are the best and the winner is the top of the food chain. Boxing is BACK!!

Comment

Let’s be honest most White ppl would love to see Fury become champ. That’s not racial ppl usually identify better with those who look like them

Black ppl support wilder because they can identify with Wilder and want see their own succeed. Simple as that.
        Lets be honest Love it's something like some others you don't get .Some like me and Tyson and lots more don't give a fuk ...get a life!

Comment

Question of race is a taboo with younger demographic.

A sure way to shut anybody up nowadays.

Tyson Fury has no problem talking about hookers, drugs and masturbation. But when it comes to race, even he doesn't want to go there.

Orange man bad!

Comment

Read below passage.
            Wilder couldn't resist finally pulling the race card, and dragging the race into question, where in reality race should be irrelevant here.

One way to make Fury heel as Wilder has been losing the psychological trash talk, which is not unimportant in these high profile evenly matched fights.

Should have kept identity politics out the fight...

"Alabama’s Wilder (42-0-1, 41KOs) has made a point to shed light on the event taking place during Black History Month. The defending heavyweight titlist went as far as to guarantee that the night will end with his longtime unbeaten rival being reduced to an answer to a Black History trivia question."

Comment

One of the things i like about boxing is that it unites people from all over the world.

There’s not many sports that produce top participants and stars from every continent and all kinds of countries. Name me a sport that has real stars from countries as diverse as UK, USA, Philippines, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mexico etc. Etc.

So, i think these journalists bring up race are taking the sport into places it doesn’t need to go and planting seeds in peoples brains that weren’t even thinking about race. Pretty sad really.

Comment

Black ppl support wilder because they can identify with Wilder and want see their own succeed.
                BWaHaahaHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                  I was at the first Wilder / Fury fight and I saw no type of Racism at all.
                  My girl and I were seated next to a black couple with about 6 U.K guys in front of us.
                  They had a good vibe , were very respectful and had knowledge of the sport.
                  Dude

You're a fckin racist you jus dont know it

That fact that you...u know what fck it

Comment

I never really took this fight as a racial 1. Other fights definitely but not this 1.

Comment

There's alot of tribalism and nationalism in boxing and its probably been there since the inception of the sport. Alot of people pull for someone they can identify with, be it race, religion, geography or nationality. I don't really think any of that is wrong so long as there isn't hate towards other associated with it.

I grew up in Atlantic City and pulled for fighters like Leavander Johnson, Darroll Wilson, Bruce Seldon and Arturo Gatti. It wasn't about race for me but I always had a bias for guys who represented my region.

Comment

Working...
                      X