Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Sonny" Liston: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liston was 6'1. Fury is 6'9 and moves really fu*king well for 12 rounds. Fury hasn't faced much in the way of competition but clearly he's a big problem even for guys on Liston's level.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
      Liston takes a dive and doesn't get up

Anyone who picks liston is living in the past

6'8" 250 pound gypsy king schools that ass all night long easily.
      To hell with this giant stuff. Fury is tall and fat. At 250 he has rolls of blubber hanging off of him. If Fury was lean and hard like Wilder or Liston he would weigh no more than 225. Wilder said he weighed 209 and he hit hard enough to damn near knock Fury out but was a terrible boxer. Liston weighed 214 and was a good boxer who had Wilder's power in both hands. Anybody who picks Fury is ignorant of the past and just how good the prime Liston really was.

Comment

Liston never knocked out anyone above cruiserweight. I love Sonny, but ****ing lol.

Comment

I was gonna say Liston for the reasons cited above.

But then I remembered the Eddie Machen fight where the slick Machen troubled Liston till he was blinded likely by the same liniment treatment that Clay later got. So if a slick little guy troubled prime Liston, a big slick guy like Fury might do well.

it's a pick em for me.

Comment

Imagine Steve Cunningham with a super powerful jab and longer arms with ko power in both hands and accuracy with tremendous body punching power

Comment

Peak Sonny Liston would have destroyed him, he was well past his best when he took dives for Ali. For me at his peak he was among the top few in history and maybe could have beat all of them. Fury is a very good fighter, but nowhere near a great at this stage, outboxing Wilder is no great achievement in historical terms, however if he does the same thing to Joshua and Uysk then holds the belts for a prelonged period i will start considering him among the cream.

Comment

Give it up with these old timers who were "big scary monsters" in their division in the 60's by being 6'1" 218lbs LOL

People need to stop romanticizing the past
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Just cause he boxed circles round a fearful klitskcho and a non existent ring iq wilder doesn't mean just cause someone's smaller they won't land

It was a past prime liston that couldn't catch the fasted head and leg movement of a young cassius

Liston still managed to land powerful straight rights to the body of Cassius way past his prime

People make too much of size on this forum Cunningham was landing on fury no problem even if it meant taking a couple and with listons belief in his own power he'd be willing to trade

Comment

Fury wins a wide, wide decision. No competition...although Liston's legacy in the division is greater at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post
                      Just cause he boxed circles round a fearful klitskcho and a non existent ring iq wilder doesn't mean just cause someone's smaller they won't land

It was a past prime liston that couldn't catch the fasted head and leg movement of a young cassius

Liston still managed to land powerful straight rights to the body of Cassius way past his prime

People make too much of size on this forum Cunningham was landing on fury no problem even if it meant taking a couple and with listons belief in his own power he'd be willing to trade
                      Do you think Liston would hurt Fury to the body and slow him down?

Comment

Working...
                      X