No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    It's not so much Edge's age that worries me, it's his neck. Keep in mind that Rey Mysterio is only a year younger than Edge, and he looks better now compared to 5-6 years ago since he healed from injuries.

AJ Styles is also over 40. Regardless, Edge doesn't have much time left, but he really isn't that old in wrestling years.

And Ric Flair was still wrestling great matches well into his 50s. Flair and Hogan were actually closer to their 60s when they wrestled in TNA.
    Yeah closer to their 60s and they looked like s***. With Edge's age and neck, it's probably why Vince is reluctant to put a title belt on him yet, so now they have him in a program with Orton, since news is Styles got injured at the Rumble, ending the Orton/Styles feud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Yeah closer to their 60s and they looked like s***. With Edge's age and neck, it's probably why Vince is reluctant to put a title belt on him yet, so now they have him in a program with Orton, since news is Styles got injured at the Rumble, ending the Orton/Styles feud.

Yeah Vince is not gonna just put the belt on him now. I felt like the Orton/Styles feud was going no where anyways. Orton vs. Edge just feels like the right match to make for Edge's comeback feud since they have history.

I'm sure Edge will work a reduced schedule. He might just do Raw, PPVs and limited house shows. Would be dumb to put him on the road fulltime.

If Edge looks really good I can see him getting one last short title run for a little feel good moment, then drop it to someone quick. Kind of like what they did with Goldberg a few years ago.

Comment

Yeah Vince is not gonna just put the belt on him now. I felt like the Orton/Styles feud was going no where anyways. Orton vs. Edge just feels like the right match to make for Edge's comeback feud since they have history.

I'm sure Edge will work a reduced schedule. He might just do Raw, PPVs and limited house shows. Would be dumb to put him on the road fulltime.

If Edge looks really good I can see him getting one last short title run for a little feel good moment, then drop it to someone quick. Kind of like what they did with Goldberg a few years ago.
        I would honestly love to see that, based on the huge crowd reactions Edge is getting on TV. He was such a great heel too in his career as well. I didn't watch much of the tail end of it. Looks like from what I read that he did a face turn at the end when he reunited with Christian, sounds fun. Also heard Goldberg might be doing another match soon, but I don't know who with. Speaking of which, I've been wondering if they were gonna honor Undertaker, since this year is the 30th anniversary of his WWF debut at the 1990 Survivor Series. Would be kind of cool if he made some kind of appearance or maybe did one last match and acknowledged it in some way either working with some other old guy or maybe putting someone over, like maybe Bray Wyatt.

Also speaking of Edge, did you see the nasty gash his wife Beth Phoenix got on the back of her head when it hit the ring post during the women's Rumble? Damn dude and she had to go until almost the end of the match with her hair all bloody. I always wonder why teammates don't wait until they're the last two left to then turn on each other, would make more sense that way or just two people that teamed up to wait until they're the last two left in a battle royal, like Bret Hart and Bad News Brown in Wrestlemania 4. I'm hoping Alexa can win a Rumble one of these years. Good to see Naomi back. Kinda glad Rhea won the title and looking forward to when she makes the main roster. Wondering if they're gonna put Shayna on Raw now, since that was the rumor going into the Rumble when people thought she might win it and challenge Becky after Survivor Series.

And why are they totally ruining the credibility of the women's tag titles? The champs needs to defend them already. Hopefully at Elimination Chamber, because that PPV was designed for EC title matches and where the first champs were crowned.

Comment

I would honestly love to see that, based on the huge crowd reactions Edge is getting on TV. He was such a great heel too in his career as well. I didn't watch much of the tail end of it. Looks like from what I read that he did a face turn at the end when he reunited with Christian, sounds fun.

Rumors were that the original plan was for Christian to turn heel on Edge a few months after Edge's final match in 2011. I didn't watch much WWE from 2008-2010, started following again in 2011 after the Rock came back.

I hated how they made Christian look like a chump against Randy Orton that year. Fun fact, the "one more match" chant started because Christian kept whining about getting another rematch with Orton.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Speaking of which, I've been wondering if they were gonna honor Undertaker, since this year is the 30th anniversary of his WWF debut at the 1990 Survivor Series. Would be kind of cool if he made some kind of appearance or maybe did one last match and acknowledged it in some way either working with some other old guy or maybe putting someone over, like maybe Bray Wyatt.

They're almost guaranteed for his 30th year. Remember 2015 Survivor Series? They celebrated Undertaker's 25th year by having him team with Kane against Wyatt and Harper.

Also speaking of Edge, did you see the nasty gash his wife Beth Phoenix got on the back of her head when it hit the ring post during the women's Rumble?

Yeah, at first I thought she had a terrible hair dye job lol, then I realized it was blood.

And why are they totally ruining the credibility of the women's tag titles? The champs needs to defend them already. Hopefully at Elimination Chamber, because that PPV was designed for EC title matches and where the first champs were crowned.

Not sure bro. I love Asuka and Kairi Sane, but I don't like them as a team or as heels. Vince didn't know what to with them, so he gave them the stereotypical sneaky Japanese gimmick. Asuka doesn't need to talk much, just say a few words and have great matches like she did in NXT. And Kairi Sane and Shayna Bazler had some of the best matches I've seen in NXT. She's the lovable underdog, and while I like her current look with the littlle facepaint, her trying be the evil heel is just awkward.

Comment

Rumors were that the original plan was for Christian to turn heel on Edge a few months after Edge's final match in 2011. I didn't watch much WWE from 2008-2010, started following again in 2011 after the Rock came back.

I hated how they made Christian look like a chump against Randy Orton that year. Fun fact, the "one more match" chant started because Christian kept whining about getting another rematch with Orton.

They're almost guaranteed for his 30th year. Remember 2015 Survivor Series? They celebrated Undertaker's 25th year by having him team with Kane against Wyatt and Harper.

Yeah, at first I thought she had a terrible hair dye job lol, then I realized it was blood.

Not sure bro. I love Asuka and Kairi Sane, but I don't like them as a team or as heels. Vince didn't know what to with them, so he gave them the stereotypical sneaky Japanese gimmick. Asuka doesn't need to talk much, just say a few words and have great matches like she did in NXT. And Kairi Sane and Shayna Bazler had some of the best matches I've seen in NXT. She's the lovable underdog, and while I like her current look with the littlle facepaint, her trying be the evil heel is just awkward.
            On the youtube channels I follow, they said that Vince made The Kabuki Warriors the tag champs because AEW made Japanese wrestler Riho their first women's champ. Just like how AEW got a female referee and then later WWE got one of their own.

Comment

On the youtube channels I follow, they said that Vince made The Kabuki Warriors the tag champs because AEW made Japanese wrestler Riho their first women's champ. Just like how AEW got a female referee and then later WWE got one of their own.
              Speaking of YouTube videos, I remember seeing a video mentioning that WWE actually had a female referee in the 80s. She got fired, then years later she claimed Vince raped her.

Rita Chatterton, she looks a little like Ronda Rousey.

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Rita_Chatterton
              Last edited by Willy Wanker; 02-07-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He's overrated and nowhere near an ATG.

One of the lowest drawing champions of all time, same 6 moves every match, no live promo skills, and last but not least HBK's b!tch
                "Before ending his matches, Hart usually employed a sequence of five moves: inverted atomic drop, Russian leg sweep, backbreaker, elbow drop from the second rope, and Sharpshooter, being known as the "Five Moves of Doom".[203]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Hart

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  "Before ending his matches, Hart usually employed a sequence of five moves: inverted atomic drop, Russian leg sweep, backbreaker, elbow drop from the second rope, and Sharpshooter, being known as the "Five Moves of Doom".[203]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Hart
                  Yeah key words being "before ending his matches". Those weren't the only five moves he did though.

Comment

• They are pushing Shayna Baszler hard.

Shame she looks like an ugly dyke.

Comment

• Vince needs to bring big Kevin Nash in and put the strap on him

Comment

Working...
                      X