Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz's Coach Claims Hearn is Not Telling The Whole Story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    When you pay someone a lot more than they generate, you're losing money.

AJ and real boxing fans wanted to see the Wilder fight because it was for undisputed. It was THE fight to make. Those who didn't weren't real boxing fans. Those who wouldn't accept the fight are cowards.
    It is crazy how fans nowadays get into the promotion, salary and all other BS. Used to be the best fight the best to make the most money. Of course there was always someone making more than the other, Leonard make more than his opponents almost every time, but he fought all of the top welters, JMW and MW of his era. If you see a good name in any of the top fighters today, it is a miracle. A few years ago the 122 division was a ghost town, just because a little old man was the Champion. That was shameful. mares, st+, quigg and frampton all ducked Rigondeaux. I have never seen something like that in boxing. And some fans were excusing the ducking by saying there's was no money in fighting the old Champ. I know Rigondeaux team was not really bright, but fighting the best should be the goal for any boxer with some pride. Specially a guy with the Cuban pedigree.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
      It is crazy how fans nowadays get into the promotion, salary and all other BS. Used to be the best fight the best to make the most money. Of course there was always someone making more than the other, Leonard make more than his opponents almost every time, but he fought all of the top welters, JMW and MW of his era. If you see a good name in any of the top fighters today, it is a miracle. A few years ago the 122 division was a ghost town, just because a little old man was the Champion. That was shameful. mares, st+, quigg and frampton all ducked Rigondeaux. I have never seen something like that in boxing. And some fans were excusing the ducking by saying there's was no money in fighting the old Champ. I know Rigondeaux team was not really bright, but fighting the best should be the goal for any boxer with some pride. Specially a guy with the Cuban pedigree.
      I think boxing should be about fighting the best. But there are many fighters who don't, so use any excuse not to. Pricing yourself out is one of many ways. If both sit down and put a fair split on the table and their biggest payday by far is on offer, they should take it. But they refuse unless they get given an extreme amount that just doesn't make sense. Wilder has never made anywhere near to the 80 Mill he was offered for both fights. To turn that down while claiming to be the best and making much less after saying it was about legacy and not money is nothing but cowardly. He also wanted a rematch his way even though a huge A side star has never given one to a weak B side before. But Wilder knew this which is why he wanted one to stall the fight further.

Wilder also wanted it in the US and refused to travel. But he came out last week and lied yet again by saying he'd fight anywhere because he's a real fighter even though he's specifically said he won't do it. It's just nothing but lies and contradictions from this coward. Never have I seen it this bad in boxing before the way it is with Deontay. F3ck that guy and all the pathetic bullshlt and delusion he comes out with.

Comment

Working...
      X