Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caleb Plant To Defend Title vs Alfredo Angulo! STAYS DUCKING DAVID BENAVIDEZ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
    If Angulo wasn't old and gun shy, I'd pick him over plant. Am I the only one who thinks Plant is massively overrated? Good boxer but not great. People act like he's Mayweather or Sweet Pea with his defense but he still gets hit. I'd favor all the champions at 168 over him.
    I think Plant is actually a pretty damn good boxer, and only getting better.

He's not Floyd or Sweet Pea obviously. But people were raving about Billy Joe Saunders' boxing ability...this guy is superior IMO.

Comment

They're waiting for that exclusive 168 PBC title fight in 2021.

Mike lee followed by Alfredo Angulo ha.... if Caleb Plant was more popular, people would be killing him.

Comment

Is anyone really interested in a Benevidez/Plant fight?

Sure a unification is nice, but Plant is by far the weakest titleholder in the division

Low hanging fruit match up for Benevidez really

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          They're waiting for that exclusive 168 PBC title fight in 2021.

Mike lee followed by Alfredo Angulo ha.... if Caleb Plant was more popular, people would be killing him.
          He's getting pretty good tv ratings if anything his not being promoted right, right now white america need a hero in boxing, Bob Arum would love to have a good white american boxers on ESPN..

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            How was the guy Plant beat for the title not a real test? What win does Benavidez have that's better?
            I have no issue with his career route. I think he’s done very well. I also don’t mind this fight. But I would like to see him take the next step after this fight in terms of becoming the man. But I would rate him and benavidez equal at this point. Neither has done enough to separate themselves from the pack. In fact I think all 4 champs are just about equal in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Is anyone really interested in a Benevidez/Plant fight?

Sure a unification is nice, but Plant is by far the weakest titleholder in the division

Low hanging fruit match up for Benevidez really
              You must have missed it, Saunders is a title holder at 168 now.

Comment

In Plants defense though, nobody expected a war torn shot angulo to beat quillen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
                  If Angulo wasn't old and gun shy, I'd pick him over plant. Am I the only one who thinks Plant is massively overrated? Good boxer but not great. People act like he's Mayweather or Sweet Pea with his defense but he still gets hit. I'd favor all the champions at 168 over him.
                  His taking apart of Utcateziaihig or however you spell it was impressive to me...but yeah part of me can't tell if he is the real deal who will be very hard to hurt/hit clean over 12 rounds...or if he is closer to getting touched up than I realize...I just really don't know about him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I think Plant is actually a pretty damn good boxer, and only getting better.

He's not Floyd or Sweet Pea obviously. But people were raving about Billy Joe Saunders' boxing ability...this guy is superior IMO.
                    It may come down to the nasal spray/PEDS for BJS...but he looks great to me when he is on...and really bad when he is off...can't think of another guy who on any given night, you just have no idea what you're getting...he may be a guy who fights to the level of his competition as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      In Plants defense though, nobody expected a war torn shot angulo to beat quillen.
                      He'd be fighting Quillen next if he had won I bet anyway. So either way it was not gonna be any type of top level dude for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X