Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Hard To Be Confident in Brook, He Hasn't Proved It at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman: Hard To Be Confident in Brook, He Hasn't Proved It at 147

WBC, WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman believes Kell Brook, who holds the IBF's version of the world title, did not do enough to prove his worth at the weight class. Brook captured his title the fall of 2014, with a close twelve round decision over Shawn Porter. But since that win Brook's opponent at welterweight have been very lackluster - with three fights against Fankie Gavin, JoJo Dan and Kevin Bizier. Brook was also sidelined more than once with injury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He makes good points, I'm a huge Brook fan but I'm picking Spence by TKO

Comment

Didnt Brook beat Porter more convincing than Thurman?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Didnt Brook beat Porter more convincing than Thurman?
        Literally the first thought that came to mind.

Comment

it's actually spence that has not proven anything yet....brook has a W vs a fighter thurman struggled against as well...

but then again, spence does look like the goods

best fight this year imo

Comment

Brook beat Porter in a more convincing way than Thurman lol. But Spence is the real deal.. we could be losing a belt to the US on the 27th. But I like Spence so may the best man win. Brook would beat Thurman though.

Comment

Thurman makes a good point about dropping down in weight like that after going up two weight divisions. It hasn't helped fighters in the past that did that. I hope it doesn't affect Brook.

As far as what Brook has done, he beat Porter then went on a string of fighting no names until he moved up to fight GGG.

While Thurman has a point, another point is the man did have balls and moved up to fight GGG. And now he's showing those same balls moving down to fight Spence instead of vacating or moving to 154.

So Brook has to get credit for that.

I hope he's not weight drained and can make weight okay to give a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                Brook beat Porter in a more convincing way than Thurman lol. But Spence is the real deal.. we could be losing a belt to the US on the 27th. But I like Spence so may the best man win. Brook would beat Thurman though.

Thurman actually gave credit to Brook and acknowledged Brook beat Porter a little more convincing than he did. Saw it on a video a couple of months ago.

I'm a fan of all 3 guys actually. Though I liked Thurman's more aggressive style earlier in his career better than his moving style now.

I'm not 100% sure Brook would beat Thurman.

I mean he can, he's capable. But I wouldn't sleep on Thurman. Let's see what happens with Brook and Spence. After that I think we can make better judgements on all 3 of these guys actually.
                Last edited by The Time; 05-22-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post

https://youtu.be/q76L8_8Dpj8

Here it is right here actually where Thurman said Brook beat Porter better than he did. Interesting video actually. One thing I give Thurman he's usually honest and knowledgeable in his assessments.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                    Thurman actually gave credit to Brook and acknowledged Brook beat Porter a little more convincing than he did. Saw it on a video a couple of months ago.

I'm a fan of all 3 guys actually. Though I liked Thurman's more aggressive style earlier in his career better than his moving style now.

I'm not 100% sure Brook would beat Thurman.

I mean he can, he's capable. But I wouldn't sleep on Thurman. Let's see what happens with Brook and Spence. After that I think we can make better judgements on all 3 of these guys actually.

Thurman is the goods.. I've liked him since his one time days and even thought he looked brilliant against DSG. But I feel both Spence and Brook would beat him because they are the biggest WW's and I see them over powering the other WW's.

But nothing is guaranteed.. Thurman is a damn good fighter and he ups his game depending on his opposition. Who ever wins out of Brook/Spence has already said they want to unify with Thurman so WW is on fire atm then you have Bud Crawford who will be moving up too.

Comment

Working...
                    X