No announcement yet.

The struggle of weight cutters - BBC article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The struggle of weight cutters - BBC article

Not the kind of BBC you like, but BBC the news agency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/a...a-d914e3f37f2a

Hopefully this kind of exposure will help people managing the sport to add more "second day" weigh ins or even come back to same day weigh in.

The british broadcasting corporation actually is the BBC I like lol

Comment

hahaha not the BBC you like. hahahahahahahaha

Comment

They had a doc on this whole thing, neverg ot a chance to watch it though. The issue is really with MMA here as there is still a very amateurish system surrounding lower tier fighters and the coaching/nutrition around them.

Comment

So Jacobs was at a disadvantage for cutting so much weight?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            They had a doc on this whole thing, neverg ot a chance to watch it though. The issue is really with MMA here as there is still a very amateurish system surrounding lower tier fighters and the coaching/nutrition around them.
            I saw that. Was f-cking scary to see.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              MMA fighters are notorious for this. Gray Maynard I think cut 35-45 lbs to make his 155 lb fight vs Frankie Edgar. He was walking around or over 190lbs. Crazy

Comment

Weighins should be just prior to the match.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                  Weighins should be just prior to the match.
                  Yep.........

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    MMA fighters are notorious for this. Gray Maynard I think cut 35-45 lbs to make his 155 lb fight vs Frankie Edgar. He was walking around or over 190lbs. Crazy
                    Yeah true. I think the raticle says Khabib was in medical distress while trying to make weight. I'm trying to think of the last time a world level boxer had such serious issues while trying to make weight.

MMA, whether its UFC or cage fighting in the UK or something else, is just so poor and amateurish at times.

Comment

Working...
                    X