No announcement yet.

A Messy Welterweight Picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Messy Welterweight Picture

So, we've got Pacquiao and Bradley clearly at the top, however Pacquiao is still levels above Bradley. Below these two, there's Brook who hasn't had a meaningful fight in over a year, there's Khan who is stuck in limbo, there's Porter who is up and down and then Thurman and Garcia are in all honesty paper champs until they prove it by beating one of Brook/Bradley/Pacquiao.

It's so damn messy, kinda makes me appreciate divisions like light heavy or heavy, where it's pretty obvious that everyone is a contender beyond the top 2 or 3.

Kell Brook would be the man except he doesn't have any ambition

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Kell Brook would be the man except he doesn't have any ambition
      He has the size and the skill, probably the chin too but I think he is too much a promoter's man. He is so happy that Eddie is getting him these big paydays fighting bums, he's happy to stay like this. Love him or hate him, Khan actually went to the US and fought legit names and chased big fights, is still chasing big fights. Only thing Brook ever does is talk about Khan and fight Jo Jo Dan.

Comment

Kell brook killed his momentum over the shawn porter win.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          He has the size and the skill, probably the chin too but I think he is too much a promoter's man. He is so happy that Eddie is getting him these big paydays fighting bums, he's happy to stay like this. Love him or hate him, Khan actually went to the US and fought legit names and chased big fights, is still chasing big fights. Only thing Brook ever does is talk about Khan and fight Jo Jo Dan.
          This is exactly why I stopped being a fan of Kell

He's pulled a pacquiao on us by taking a hands off approach to his career trajectory

stylistically he's my favorite welterweight fighter besides Floyd

Comment

One Time Thurman is the best Welterweight on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              This is exactly why I stopped being a fan of Kell

He's pulled a pacquiao on us by taking a hands off approach to his career trajectory

stylistically he's my favorite welterweight fighter besides Floyd
              That's a pretty **** comparison considering the fighters Pac beat for his world titles

Comment

Working...
              X