Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's the fighter of the year so far?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's the fighter of the year so far?..

nonito?..win over wv2 in his first fight at 122... over champion in mathebula and stopped the number 1 guy in his division in nishi....

if not name yours....

hmmm it's hard picking a winner since nobody has done anything too great this year.

Nonito is probably a good choice, although he looked like crap in the Mathebula fight.

Martinez had good wins over solid 160 lbs contenders in Chavez Jr. and Macklin, but those wins weren't great defining wins.

Ward had a good win over Dawson but wont' be following it up with anything else this year.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      hmmm it's hard picking a winner since nobody has done anything too great this year.

Nonito is probably a good choice, although he looked like crap in the Mathebula fight.

Martinez had good wins over solid 160 lbs contenders in Chavez Jr. and Macklin, but those wins weren't great defining wins.

Ward had a good win over Dawson but wont' be following it up with anything else this year.
      i agree exept i dont think wards win over dawson was that good given dawson did'nt seem to be healthy at the weight...

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        i agree exept i dont think wards win over dawson was that good given dawson did'nt seem to be healthy at the weight...
        Yeah, it does hinder the credibility of the victory, but it was still a good win over the current 175 pound champ.

What about the Moreno-Mares winner, say the winner puts on a dominate performance?

Alexander beat Maidana and could possibly Bailey? meh, it's kinda whatever when I think of it.

There's also Marquez, if say he finally gets the Pacquiao nod, and he also had a win over a decent fighter Fedchencko this year, albeit the guy was a complete nobody.

Nobody really did anything career defining this year.
        Last edited by _original_; 10-14-2012, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Yeah, it does hinder the credibility of the victory, but it was still a good win over the current 175 pound champ.

What about the Moreno-Mares winner, say the winner puts on a dominate performance?

Alexander beat Maidana and could possibly Bailey? meh, it's kinda whatever when I think of it.

There's also Marquez, if say he finally gets the Pacquiao nod, and he also had a win over a decent fighter Fedchencko this year, albeit the guy was a complete nobody.

Nobody really did anything career defining this year.
          if mares wins , he'll have moreno and morel , that's it..if moreno wins, he'll have mares , delamora and darhinyan..i dont think thats better than nonito's..

i was thiking marquez too if he wins this time but with fedchenko?..i dunno

kinda agree with the bold but someone has to win ...

Comment

Martinez, he continues to show why he deserves to be one of the top 3 p4p in the world. Older than everyone he fights, smaller than the guys he is fighting yet he keeps winning in impressive fashion.

Comment

nonito donaire....has wins against:

Wilfredo Vazquez jr - ranked top ten best sbw (i think #8), former wbo world champ, only one loss...fight was for vacant wbo belt

Jeffery Mathebula - ranked top ten best sbw (5th best to be exact), IBF world champ, guy is freakishly tall for sbw (5'11")

Toshiaki Nishioka - ranked #1 by ring magazine, hadn't lost in 8 years, the real WBC champ, the most experienced sbw at the championship level compared to mares, rigo and donaire..
              Last edited by Bermuda; 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

What if Garcia gets another win over Morales?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  nonito donaire....has wins against:

Wilfredo Vazquez jr - ranked top ten best sbw (i think #8), former wbo world champ, only one loss...fight was for vacant wbo belt

Jeffery Mathebula - ranked top ten best sbw (5th best to be exact), IBF world champ, guy is freakishly tall for sbw (5'11")

Toshiaki Nishioka - ranked #1 by ring magazine, hadn't lost in 8 years, the real WBC champ, the most experienced sbw at the championship level compared to mares, rigo and donaire..
                  On paper, I don't see anyone else having a better year though the pace of the fights will make some wary of the choice. If he takes Arce next he'll have the sort of show closing nuclear destruction to punctuate the year.

I really hate that fight though. Just easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    On paper, I don't see anyone else having a better year though the pace of the fights will make some wary of the choice. If he takes Arce next he'll have the sort of show closing nuclear destruction to punctuate the year.

I really hate that fight though. Just easy work.
                    yah i think donaire has just accomplished more this year than the rest. arce will be a nice action packed fight to close off the year but doesn't do much in term of legacy for donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X