No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Advisor: UFC not sport, no skill involved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's Advisor: UFC not sport, no skill involved

Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez share something in common: Sampson Lewkowicz.
    Currently he is Sergio Martinez's advisor.

MA: The internet has made boxing huge globally. Is it used to its fullest potential?

I believe it is the most positive way to promote boxing and is one of the reasons boxing will never die.

MA: HBO has offered some fighters “x” amount of money but the fighters ask for more so sometimes the fights don’t happen. Is that the reason some fights are not happening or is there more to it?

No, I believe there is more to it. Because the fighter never has the right at the end of the day to make his own decision, normally it’s being done by the management and the advisers. Boxers will fight everyone and most likely it is bad management or a bad advisor for the reason a fight didn’t happen.

MA: Do you feel that the UFC has taken away fans from boxing in the US?

Absolutely not! You will rarely see a boxing fan go and watch UFC…most likely it doesn’t happen. There is no technique. It’s not sweet science… its brutality.

http://ringsidereport.com/?p=7399

Finally something out of the pac camp I agree with

And Pacquiao likes MMA..... So does Cotto and Mosley...

Comment

They say they like MMA, but I don't believe them. They are just trying to gain more cross-fans like you...

Comment

Best thing to come out of pac's camp

Comment

The more we talk about MMA the more publicity it's getting.

Comment

Who gives a SH** what Pac's advisor has to say?? This guy isn't a fighter or a trainer.

You might as well have made a thread about what Pacquiao's limo driver thinks about MMA

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              They say they like MMA, but I don't believe them. They are just trying to gain more cross-fans like you...
              How can I Cross over to something I already was a fan of..... Answer that for me...

Comment

i hate MMA but to say there is no skill involved is like saying man city are a big club!

there is skill involved but its just horrible to watch.

Comment

Ive been an MMA fan since the mid 90's. Ive seen it evolve into a very skilled sport though it didnt start out that way. As far as the top guys it takes a high level of skill to maintain as a champion in both sports. The top guy in boxing would probably struggle in the UFC. And the UfC's top guy would have trouble in boxing. To me its like comparing Kobe to Tom Brady. Its just two completely different sports.

Comment

what a ridiculous over-generalized statement. i'm a fan of fighting period... boxing, mma, bjj, muay thai, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X