No announcement yet.

Dempsey on Marciano's Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reach View Post
    Ali also considers Marciano one of the hardest hitters ever, says he beats everyone else but won't pick a winner against Marciano.
    Everybody brings up this video nowadays. Besides SRR, Ali looked up to Marciano when he was a kid.

That and the fact Marciano was dead at the time of that video.

Comment

i dont see how rocky being dead is relevant to ali and dempsey both praising his power? i didnt say they fought each other
      Last edited by Toe Injury; 10-30-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

dempsey probably said that after the second walcott bout or thereabouts. by the end of marcianos carreer i doubt hed say that. in fact, in the late 60s he said louis and marciano were about equal in power and called it a tie

Comment

i think it was in 1969, the ring mag did a special where fleischer picked dempsey as the all time most destructive hitter and dempsey debated him- dempsey called it a tie between marciano and louis. listons left hook was third.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I'm a little skeptical of that since Galento stopped fighting five years before George was even born.
            Yes but he lived to 1979. That is why I said Foreman allegedly said Galento was the hardest hitter he had ever witnessed in the gym. Apparently he was in a gym at the same time as George, other people have said the same thing. That the diabetic old man hitting a heavybag was the most impressive sight they had ever seen, and damn right terrifying to boot. Allegedly :P I would believe that he had a crazy punch since he was 5'9 and over 230....built like a gorilla lol

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
              i dont see how rocky being dead is relevant to ali and dempsey both praising his power? i didnt say they fought each other
              Same video Ali dogs dempsy watching his fight with jess willard.

Also, you dont speak ill of the dead or whatever that saying is.....larry holmes said some stupid line about rocky not carrying his jockstrap after the first loss to spinks and got crap for it. So besides that fact, he was one of Alis heros growing up and they became freinds after the computer fight.

Comment

Working...
              X