No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: People In MMA - Stop Piggybacking Off My Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
    You're probably right about GIGO regarding the 14B, it's kind of irrelevant given the other pieces of info tho
    of course i'm right, not to sound painfully obnoxious, think about that average per person in the world

Comment

Bwahah, ok.. You don't know who Alvarez is because you don't follow MMA but you know McGregor because he is the bigest combat sports star in the world! Let me tell you some facts for everyone saying McGregor is piggybacking

- McGregor has now headlined 5 PPVs, his first 5 PPV numbers are 54% bigger than Floyds first 5

- McGregors first 5 PPVs are ONLY 14% smaller than Floyds LAST 5 PPVs (That includes the 4.4M Manny fight numbers) and Conor is trending up with every fight

- UFC 205 the card McGregor just headlined generated 14 Billion searches on google, more than anything Floyds fights have done

- McGregor searches in the last month have generated more on Google trends than Floyd had gotten for the months surrounding the Manny fight which was his highest ever.

- Conor who recently turned 28 is out earning Floyd at 28 (2005, 3 fights)

These are all facts, plain and simple. So for anybody to claim that Conor is piggybacking off of Mayweather, thats just not true. Do I think Conor will someday be making 100M+ a fight? Maybe but I doubt it, but I do think He will out do Mayweather in total PPV buys, with a lot less PPV fights. He has already done over 50% of Floyds total PPV numbers with 10 less PPVs (5/15)
      Lets keep it real Connor has a whole sport backing him up, the undercard is a good reason he sells - unlike Mayweather he don't carrying the PPV by himself...if Mayweather had all the top boxing stars fighting on the same card well you can figure it out yourself....and even still this Bum Connor has been fighting no names! I don't even know who he is fighting!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Lets keep it real Connor has a whole sport backing him up, the undercard is a good reason he sells - unlike Mayweather he don't carrying the PPV by himself...if Mayweather had all the top boxing stars fighting on the same card well you can figure it out yourself....and even still this Bum Connor has been fighting no names! I don't even know who he is fighting!
        Well that's just ridiculous, so because you don't know who he fights then that's means he fights bums?? No that just means you're ignorant to the sport! You're talking about bums and Mayweathers last fight was against Andre Berto??

And being backed up by the UFC comment. UFC 200 in July was to be the biggest card in UFC history, well Conor's last card is trending to nearly double its number.

Of Conor's 5 UFC PPVs he holds the top 3 spots and also holds the number 5 spot.

Georges St Pierre, Jon Jones, Lesnar, Anderson Silva all headlined stacked cards and they don't pull in the numbers Conor does!

Comment

Well that's just ridiculous, so because you don't know who he fights then that's means he fights bums?? No that just means you're ignorant to the sport! You're talking about bums and Mayweathers last fight was against Andre Berto??

And being backed up by the UFC comment. UFC 200 in July was to be the biggest card in UFC history, well Conor's last card is trending to nearly double its number.

Of Conor's 5 UFC PPVs he holds the top 3 spots and also holds the number 5 spot.

Georges St Pierre, Jon Jones, Lesnar, Anderson Silva all headlined stacked cards and they don't pull in the numbers Conor does!
          I heard about other UFC fighters before : like Cain vs. Lesnar and Rousey vs. Holm but this is the first time I ever heard of this this guy Alvarez....I think its because this Connor dude is a massive hype-job -- didn't he get chocked out and loss to the same dude? I mean what a **** sport this is......and you talk about Berto being Mayweather last opponent hahaha! it was a retirement bout...he just schooled Pacqiuauo! ever heard of Pacman? I know they talk about him in MMA too......but who in boxing is saying.....'Oh that cage fighter other there' ? we don't care about these bums! they stay talking about a suppose dying sport? when they see a boxer like Tyson they suck him off at first sight! and Tyson was another hype-job too! bwahaha!
          Last edited by 1hourRun; 11-18-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Mayweather is such a beta it's unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              I heard about other UFC fighters before : like Cain vs. Lesnar and Rousey vs. Holm but this is the first time I ever heard of this this guy Alvarez....I think its because this Connor dude is a massive hype-job -- didn't he get chocked out and loss to the same dude? I mean what a **** sport this is......and you talk about Berto being Mayweather last opponent hahaha! it was a retirement bout...he just schooled Pacqiuauo! ever heard of Pacman? I know they talk about him in MMA too......but who in boxing is saying.....'Oh that cage fighter other there' ? we don't care about these bums! they stay talking about a suppose dying sport? when they see a boxer like Tyson they suck him off at first sight! and Tyson was another hype-job too! bwahaha!
              Look it, I don't really care if you don't like MMA or know who Eddie Alvarez is, he's know bum he's been probably the best LW in MMA over the last 10 years!

But I find it funny that you think that just because I'm a fan of MMA that I'm some sort of ignorant idiot that knows nothing about other combat sports... I'm not you!

I've been a fan of boxing much longer than I was of MMA, but unlike you I can allow myself to give other things a chance and not just thing "oh my sports better"

You say Berto was his retirement fight as if that's some sort of right. I think Berto sums up Mayweathers career! He's done this from Henry Brussels to Baldomir to Ortiz.

Where is Freitas, Casemayor, Tszu, Cotto(140) Margarito, Williams etc on Mayweathers record? Sergio Martinez was the MW champ Floyd could have made that fight before Cotto did but he wouldn't because even tho Sergio was shot, with two bum knees Floyd still wouldn't take the risk! Look who B-Hop is fighting in his retirement fight? Pacquiao (obviously I know I know who he is dummy, so you know who Flash Elorde or Pancho Villa were?) in his "retirement" fight took on Bradley and has just beaten Vargas. Floyd could have had both guys, Danny or Thurman and he'd still be a massive favourite.. But he chose Berto???

So yeah u **** on McGregor for losing to Diaz but would you ever imaging Floyd taking an opponent on 10 days notice at 25lbs heavier than the weight he fought at last, who's 6 inches taller with bigger reach than the guy he was meant to fight who outweighed Floyd by 25lbs on fight night?

No we wouldn't because even tho both guys talk about the money and fame, Conor's a warrior at the end of the day whereas Floyd is a bully and I feel sorry for you and his fans because he sells you crocks of **** and you eat it up like its gold dust! TBE indeed
              Last edited by toshmurph; 11-18-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Wait though, wasn't it Floyd who opened up the door for all this MMA-Boxing thing? I mean as far as I recall he was the one who initiate all of this when they asked him what he thought about McGregor the first time.

and mayweather posted this to his Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X