No announcement yet.

Compubox was utter garbage tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compubox was utter garbage tonight.

I want to preface this by saying I thought Canelo won by two rounds. Too big, too tough for Cotto.

Compubox was complete trash tonight. More than usual. Cotto would land glancing blows or half blocked shots and would be ignored by compubox.

Meanwhile Canelo lands a glancing shot or half parried blow and it gets marked down.

You have Jim Lampley knobgobbling Canelo like he's the savior of boxing while Max, a supposed scholar of the sweet science, goes on a tirade about Cotto using his movement and boxing skills as if it were a bad thing.

So many things about the broadcast tonight seemed to be less about the fight and more about shoving the "future" of boxing down our throats. I guess this is what we have to look forward to in the post Pacquiao/Mayweather era.

Wasn't just compubox, the whole event was weirdly like a Pro Canelo parade! Between rounds, no matter how well Cotto done TV would show a Canelo highlight.. The HBO team done their damnedest to ram Canelos down our throats, and the less we speak about the scores the better... 119 was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      Wasn't just compubox, the whole event was weirdly like a Pro Canelo parade! Between rounds, no matter how well Cotto done TV would show a Canelo highlight.. The HBO team done their damnedest to ram Canelos down our throats, and the less we speak about the scores the better... 119 was a joke
      Well Canelo landed most of the big blows in every round. There's only so many jabs they can show as a post round highlight lol..
      I had it 9-3 but it could have been 8-4 but either way I didn't think it was close in all honesty

Comment

Compubox is always garbage.

Comment

Ah yes. The typical my fighter lost so Compubox must be garbage argument.
          Next you'll be giving us the Pacquiao argument and say we should watch the fight in slow motion.

Comment

I agree - they need a more accurate way to tally up punches, or not put so much focus on it, because there is no way that Canelo outlanded Cotto. Not in numbers, not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              Ah yes. The typical my fighter lost so Compubox must be garbage argument.
              Next you'll be giving us the Pacquiao argument and say we should watch the fight in slow motion.
              Compubox is often a massive fail, it is not about which fighter you like or dislike, or who won and lost. It is just a massively overrated and inconsistent tool to score a fight and HBO put far too much emphasis on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                Compubox is often a massive fail, it is not about which fighter you like or dislike, or who won and lost. It is just a massively overrated and inconsistent tool to score a fight and HBO put far too much emphasis on it.
                The judges don't have access to Compubox.
                It just a tool. Funny how people get outraged about it when their fighter loses but will defend it when their fighter wins.
                Compubox wasn't needed last night. If you watch the fight the more telling blows were landed by Canelo cause the backed Cotto up. Most of Cottos blows were blocked or weak jabs.

Comment

Yeah in the sense that it gave Cotto too much credit for landed punches.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    The judges don't have access to Compubox.
                    It just a tool. Funny how people get outraged about it when their fighter loses but will defend it when their fighter wins.
                    Compubox wasn't needed last night. If you watch the fight the more telling blows were landed by Canelo cause the backed Cotto up. Most of Cottos blows were blocked or weak jabs.
                    That's it in a nutshell.
                    Early on Cotto showed good defense but Canelo still landed the better punches while Cotto landed jabs. Starting in the middle rounds Canelo starting landing that uppercut and more power punches and Cotto couldn't do anything but the occasional jab.

I think I gave Cotto rounds 1,9,10 but I could be mistaken on one of those late ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X