No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter: At times, Khans ability brings tears to my eyes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are in for a shock with Khan...

He's one of those people that need a little extra management outside the ring, confidence/pep talks and just generally needs to be pumped up. What we saw with him when he was with Roach was a fighter with a poor chin fighting with no defence and still, look at what he accomplished.

Molina isn't the fighter to show Khan's new qualities but I do expect him to allow Khan to look really good.

Comment

When I was boxing in the ameteures, I remember seeing kahn at the olympics, he was soo fast it was rediculas, he gave mario kindalan all he could handel, and people talked about him fighting like a young Ali.

But like Roy jones the are both soo fysical gifted, that the forget to improve skill wise, and that is there downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        When I was boxing in the ameteures, I remember seeing kahn at the olympics, he was soo fast it was rediculas, he gave mario kindalan all he could handel, and people talked about him fighting like a young Ali.

But like Roy jones the are both soo fysical gifted, that the forget to improve skill wise, and that is there downfall.
        I agree, but as long as Virge can teach him a few aspects of defence he can improve and be a champ again. I have no doubts about that

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post

:|... Except Jr went on to be superman and Kahn not so much. Bad comparison. Judah is a better one. >__>...

Comment

Khan brings tears to his own eyes by losing so frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Virgil hunter is creepy.
              I agree and was just going to type something like that. He carries this image of being a philosopher or scientist of the sport but he reminds me of someone working at a funeral home.

Taking Khan into his gym could cause strife between Ward and Hunter if Hunter starts to favor one fighter over the other. Ward seems pretty humble but Khan is a pre Madonna who will try to force Hunter to train him solely.

Comment

I think Hunter is the kind of guy Khan needs. But like Freddie said, I don't think Khan will ever just box, he'll always scrap and his chin just isn't good enough.

I think he should have gone with Floyd Sr over Roach back in 2008. I always thought that was an error on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I agree and was just going to type something like that. He carries this image of being a philosopher or scientist of the sport but he reminds me of someone working at a funeral home.

Taking Khan into his gym could cause strife between Ward and Hunter if Hunter starts to favor one fighter over the other. Ward seems pretty humble but Khan is a pre Madonna who will try to force Hunter to train him solely.

So true!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    khan cant retire at 27 now. Too much to learn in short space of time and then the fights that will make him a legend will take him to 30 at least.
                    Nobody can make Khan an elite fighter, his chin doesnt last long enough

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                      Nobody can make Khan an elite fighter, his chin doesnt last long enough
                      Lewis didn't have the best chin, nor Wladimir, Armstrong was KO'd early, all went on to achieve greatness. Not saying Khan will reach that stage but I already think his run at 140 has been superb barring the Peterson and Garcia fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X