Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does wait cutting work? Check out these irregularities in GGG's weight cuts. Huh?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does wait cutting work? Check out these irregularities in GGG's weight cuts. Huh?

GGG's team a week or two ago said GGG was 163 pounds. But I saw an interview from yesterday where he looked severely weight drained, face looked all bruised, his lips were swollen purple and dry, thin bags and bruises under his eyes. The interviewer asked him a joke question about tacos or burritos and he said both "and right now" pointing to his face, like he was hungry from starving himself to make weight. Here is a picture.

Also, whenever GGG weighs in for the IBF weigh in day of the fight, he's always 170 pounds. If you weigh only 163 pounds two weeks before the fight, and only 168 a month before the fight, why would you weigh 170lbs eighteen hours after the weigh in? I thought you added water weight "back on" from what you lost, not EXTRA to what is normal. As in I thought a middleweight came in 175 pounds the week of the fight for example, then drank a ton of water before stopping to push all the water out of their body (and maybe use some PEDs or enemas as well), get down to 160 only at the last day, weigh in, then drink tons of fluid to put the 15lbs back on.

But with GGG supposedly his normal weight a month before the fight is 166 to 168, so he's only cutting 6-8 pounds the final month, and only 3 lbs the last week, and yet here we have him starving himself four days before the fight, and then after fights he doesnt put the water back on to 166 pounds like he is 30 days before the fight, he goes past that to 170.

It almost sounds like GGG is naturally 175 pounds, but Abel is weight draining him a full month before the fight down to 166-168, keeping him in a weight drained state the entire last month of training, and then draining him the final few pounds the last week of the fight. No wonder he's looking so much worse if that is the case. But, that still doesn't explain why they would cut the final 3 pounds four full days before the fight. Why not keep GGG strong as long as possible and just take those off the last day before the weigh-in?

Wtf is going on here??

Reposting this because I posted the video link in the last thread, not a picture, and that led to apparently no one watching the video to see for themselves, and everyone not believing me and trolling instead, steering the thread off topic. So, I included the picture in this thread instead, and hopefully that will keep things on topic.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-13-2018, 01:11 AM.

Took me a minute to get the picture to show up, but it's there now. Smaller than I'd like so it's harder to see what Im talking about, but you can click it to make it bigger. Cheers.

Comment

175? Maybe 168. Imagine 8 more lbs on him now. THAT IS A LOT of weight .
      He wouldn't be drained like that for sure .

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        175? Maybe 168. Imagine 8 more lbs on him now. THAT IS A LOT of weight .
        He wouldn't be drained like that for sure .
        I've wanted him to move up for awhile just because that can help aging fighters, and I think for a power puncher who is losing speed, it would be better for him not to have to cut weight (which can hurt speed), and to fight in a slower division like 168.

But that's based on what I SEE. Based on the numbers GGG's camp throws out there as well as the unofficial weights from the IBF and WBC, he could be fighting at welterweight, based on modern standards (meaning welterweights like Spence and Brook, obviously GGG's actual weight is not 147 but neither is theirs). And yet GGG's face is telling a different story than those numbers. Thats why Im curious what is really going on, and am hoping to hear from people who would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          I've wanted him to move up for awhile just because that can help aging fighters, and I think for a power puncher who is losing speed, it would be better for him not to have to cut weight (which can hurt speed), and to fight in a slower division like 168.

But that's based on what I SEE. Based on the numbers GGG's camp throws out there as well as the unofficial weights from the IBF and WBC, he could be fighting at welterweight, based on modern standards (meaning welterweights like Spence and Brook, obviously GGG's actual weight is not 147 but neither is theirs). And yet GGG's face is telling a different story than those numbers. Thats why Im curious what is really going on, and am hoping to hear from people who would know.
          And you think he needs a lot more than 8 lbs not to be drained ?

Comment

It's tough to know from just the face. The shape of his head adds to the illusion I think. Notice how bad that huge hat fits him? Tons of space at the sides, compare that to the tighter fitting cap.

Here's pics from 2weeks & one month ago fyi. They're all within 5lbs of one another yet they definitely look different.

As far as the cut goes; GGG always weighs <170lbs 30 days out, but it's not like they weigh him 5 times that day. It's more of a pre-cut & he probably puts on a few pounds later that night. It's all about managing the weight gradually so he retains the strength.

It's commonly referred to as the 1.5% rule. By making weight loss a slow and consistent process, boxers should be able to get down to their goal before weigh-in without having to lose strength. Anyone who's dropping more than 1.5% of their total body weight each week is likely dropping lean mass instead of body fat. So by calculating a weight-loss plan that doesn't lead to an athlete dropping more than 1.5% of their body weight each week, boxers can be ready for weigh-ins without sacrificing their strength in the process.

A 170-pound fighter's max weight loss using the 1.5% rule would be a little over 2.5 pounds per week. If their goal was to get from 170 to 160, the minimum time it would take to lose those 10 pounds without losing significant amounts of strength in the process would be roughly four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
              It's tough to know from just the face. The shape of his head adds to the illusion I think
              When youmake them small like that they all look similar, but this is the worst Ive seen GGG and its not even weigh in day.

The 1.5% rule you're talking about... what about all the fighters who cut 10%? Ive heard Victor Conte say you can cut and then rehydrate 10% of the body weight I think in like a week's time without losing reflexes or strength or much stamina. Isn't that what they did with Jacobs? Sure seems like it. Otherwise how are these guys putting on 20 pounds overnight if they were only losing 1.5% per week before then? How can I be 170 now, 167 next week, 165 two weeks from now, 162.5 three weeks from now, 160 four weeks from now, and then 180 the next day. It makes more sense that I am 180 now, over the next week I take enemas and cut water weight down to 160, and then put the water back in with IVs or whatever illegal tricks fighters use to go back to 180 the next day.

It only makes sense that way. In other words, you have a natural 180 pound man, you use a trick to take off 20 pounds for a few days, and then you fill the 180 pound man back up to 180 after the weigh in. But if you're a natural 165 pound man, and you're only taking off 5 lbs of water the last week, then how are you adding 20 back the next day if you only took off 5 in the first place? How do you blow up to 180 or even low 170s if you're naturally only 165 the entire month up to the fight.

Or are you saying you can stay a full month with low water weight? You are keeping your water weight low for a full month in order to keep it gradual? But isn't that super stupid because now you are training your body for a full month in a diminished state, ripping the muscle fibers and working the organs and the body when it is not at 100%. Add that to the fact GGG trains in high altitude without ideal amounts of oxygen in the air, and you're putting tons of stress on the body. Better to keep that process to only a week, no? Not to mention the more quick, sudden weight cut allows you to gain more of a size advantage in the ring. I highly doubt Charlo, Hurd, Spence, or Mikey Garcia do it the way you're saying GGG does.

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
              And you think he needs a lot more than 8 lbs not to be drained ?
              Huh? No. We're getting our wires crossed here, I never said anything like that. Maybe you are confusing me talking about natural weights, GGG being naturally 175, with weight classes. When I say he naturally weighs 175, that's still much smaller than most middleweights naturally weigh these days. Mikey Garcia admitted to weighing in the 170s before his jr WELTERWEIGHT fight vs Lipinets. Spence and Brook and Porteral all naturally weigh more than 175 in my opinion.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-13-2018, 02:01 AM.

Comment

When youmake them small like that they all look similar, but this is the worst Ive seen GGG and its not even weigh in day.

The 1.5% rule you're talking about... what about all the fighters who cut 10%? Ive heard Victor Conte say you can cut and then rehydrate 10% of the body weight I think in like a week's time without losing reflexes or strength or much stamina. Isn't that what they did with Jacobs? Sure seems like it. Otherwise how are these guys putting on 20 pounds overnight if they were only losing 1.5% per week before then? How can I be 170 now, 167 next week, 165 two weeks from now, 162.5 three weeks from now, 160 four weeks from now, and then 180 the next day. It makes more sense that I am 180 now, over the next week I take enemas and cut water weight down to 160, and then put the water back in with IVs or whatever illegal tricks fighters use to go back to 180 the next day.

It only makes sense that way. In other words, you have a natural 180 pound man, you use a trick to take off 20 pounds for a few days, and then you fill the 180 pound man back up to 180 after the weigh in. But if you're a natural 165 pound man, and you're only taking off 5 lbs of water the last week, then how are you adding 20 back the next day if you only took off 5 in the first place? How do you blow up to 180 or even low 170s if you're naturally only 165 the entire month up to the fight.

Or are you saying you can stay a full month with low water weight? You are keeping your water weight low for a full month in order to keep it gradual? But isn't that super stupid because now you are training your body for a full month in a diminished state, ripping the muscle fibers and working the organs and the body when it is not at 100%. Add that to the fact GGG trains in high altitude without ideal amounts of oxygen in the air, and you're putting tons of stress on the body. Better to keep that process to only a week, no? Not to mention the more quick, sudden weight cut allows you to gain more of a size advantage in the ring. I highly doubt Charlo, Hurd, Spence, or Mikey Garcia do it the way you're saying GGG does.

Huh? No. We're getting our wires crossed here, I never said anything like that. Maybe you are confusing me talking about natural weights, GGG being naturally 175, with weight classes. When I say he naturally weighs 175, that's still much smaller than most middleweights naturally weigh these days. Mikey Garcia admitted to weighing in the 170s before his jr WELTERWEIGHT fight vs Lipinets. Spence and Brook and Porteral all naturally weigh more than 175 in my opinion.
                For a fighter who wants to cut weight quickly and safely, here’s how to cut 20lbs in 5 days.

SUNDAY – 190 POUNDS
                Carbs: Less than 50 grams per day. No fruit, starches, or sugars.
                Protein and Fat: As much as you want in 3 meals
                Water: 2 gallons
                Salt: None

MONDAY – 187 POUNDS
                Water: 1 gallon

TUESDAY – 182 POUNDS
                Water: 1 gallon

WEDNESDAY – 179 POUNDS
                Water: 0.5 gallon
                Sauna in afternoon

THURSDAY – 175 POUNDS
                Water: 0.25 gallon
                Sauna in afternoon for 30 minutes, hot water bath at night

FRIDAY – 169.7 POUNDS (WEIGH IN AT 6PM)
                Protein and Fat: Eat 2 very small meals until weigh in
                Water: None till weigh-in
                Sauna until weight is met

POWER TEST: VERTICAL JUMP
                Baseline: 31.7 inches
                After Dehydration: 27.6 inches
                Re-hydrated: 29 inches

STRENGTH ENDURANCE TEST: 225-POUND BENCH PRESS
                Baseline: 15 reps
                After Dehydration: 5 reps
                Rehydrated: 12 reps

ENDURANCE TEXT: MAX TIME ON TREADMILL
                Baseline: 3 minutes and 14 seconds of sprinting at 8mph with 6% incline
                After Dehydration: 1 minute and 28 seconds of sprinting at 8mph with 3% incline
                Rehydrated: 3 minutes and 25 seconds of sprinting at 8mph with 6% incline

As you can see there are losses in performance but most is recouped after the 24hr re-hydration period.

There's a whole write up on this.

GGG uses a gradual approach that tries to minimize the negative affects.

Comment

There's plenty of other pictures and videos that show him looking fine. Using pictures like that is doing **** like the National Inquirer and making out everyone to be ugly as hell.

Comment

There are clearly multiple GGG's.

Comment

Working...
                    X