Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder; McGregor or Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    It's safe to say Aldo was out cold. Not lights out, and no motion, cold, but pretty much lights out. And i'm not a Conor fan, defending him. Just saying.
    Ivan Buchinger?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I don't think so.

If you have technique, properly wrapped hands in a boxing glove 8 or 10oz, there's almost no padding. The difference in pure force is absolutely minimal.
      You're forgetting something, in sparring and in fights the bigger gloves are slower and have less chance of accuracy than the smaller faster gloves. And you have to remember that you can use the bigger gloves to block punches better than 4 ounce gloves so the experience clearly makes the smaller gloves better for punching, just ask Floyd. He would fight tooth and nail to get 10 oz gloves used instead of 8 ounce gloves and that is only a 2 ounce difference, unlike a 4 ounce difference. Force calculated on a heavy bag is not the same as the entire experience of combat all the above things considered. I guarantee Connor's KO percentage, ESPECIALLY against pro boxers with 8oz gloves diminishes he KO's.
      Last edited by richardt; 07-16-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I've seen Aldo but he wasn't out cold.

Never seen the other two I'll watch those soon.

I don't know. I don't think that UFC fighters can punch well most of them.
        I said knocked them dead. I don't know how much more someone can get knocked out than what Aldo was.

It took them 5 minutes to get him to stand and even then he didn't know where he was.

I'd say that's pretty much done.

Comment

Ivan Buchinger?
          Haven't seen that fight in a while, but I'm sure he was out cold too. Or he was down, and just groggy. But he was out too.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            You're forgetting something, in sparring the bigger gloves are slower and have less chance of accuracy than the smaller faster gloves. And you have to remember that you can use the bigger gloves to block punches better than 4 ounce gloves so the experience clearly makes the smaller gloves better for punching, just ask Floyd. He would fight tooth and nail to get 10 oz gloves used instead of 8 ounce gloves and that is only a 2 ounce difference, unlike a 4 ounce difference. Force calculated on a heavy bag is not the same as the entire experience of combat all the above things considered.
            It's not entirely true. If you want to fight above 147, the rule is you fight in 10oz. Remember Floyd complaining about that vs dela hoya?

There are benefits of boxing gloves, i.e catching shots, covering larger parts etc - but pure force and damage done, there's not a whole lot of difference between 4oz and 8/10oz.

Scientific research has been done on this. it's all over youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Haven't seen that fight in a while, but I'm sure he was out cold too. Or he was down, and just groggy. But he was out too.
              Actually it was a sick pull counter by McGregor. will find it.

Comment

Actually it was a sick pull counter by McGregor. will find it.

Comment

McGregor may have more power but he lacks the experience in distance, timing and setting traps to set up his power shots.

The latter is more important.

Comment

Yep, I remember that fight, and yeah, he was pretty much out.

Comment

Originally posted by commonsense View Post
                      So why did it take 10 years for Jose Aldo to fall? Every single person tried and failed to do what Conor did in 13 seconds. What about Eddie Alvarez? Dropped 4 times and KO'd, something never done by a previous opponent in 4oz gloves. How about Nate Diaz? Never dropped in his career from a 4oz glove until he met Conor and was put down like a cow in a slaughter house 3 times in 2 rounds.

You make it sound so easy. Like everyone wearing 4oz gloves should boast KO records like Conor's. Well they don't and the reason McGregor is the name that he is is because he did what all the others could not.
                      Aldo always had a questionable chin. He got dropped in prior fights multiple times. He just got dropped and then finished in his last fight too. Hes a great muai thai striker who is explosive but his weakness has always been defense when hes punching.

Comment

Working...
                      X