Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here keep up with the minimumweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here keep up with the minimumweight division?

Any good fighters to look out for?

Nah, if i want to watch a couple of children fighting i'll head down to my local park.

Comment

Nope. Thats the softest division in boxing & I've rarely had interest in any 105lb fighter or fight. The lil guy divisions need to be realigned to allow for maximum competition + not make it so easy for lil guys to win multiple weight division belts.

Comment

Of course I do. Who doesn't keep up with that division? TBE fights there.

Comment

It's hard to follow because it doesn't get any coverage in Western boxing media but whenever I happen to see a bout it's usually entertaining. However I think it should be merged with 108. The talent pool is too shallow and I refuse to believe these guys don't already weigh more than 108 in the ring or couldn't easily carry another 3 lbs anyway

Wanheng Menayothin seems to be the one to watch right now. I like Kyoguchi but he's challenging for the WBA at 108 on New Year's Eve. I've been following Tsubasa Koura after reading good things about him, he has nice hands but his defence is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't really know anything about the others. I should check out Knockout CP Freshmart

Comment

Don't see the point

They might as well just go all in and have dwarf boxing, give them proper recognised belts etc. At least that would be entertaining. rather than watching some under developed manlet's.

At least a proper dwarf is aggressive and strong with a big head.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Wanheng Menayothin seems to be the one to watch right now. I like Kyoguchi but he's challenging for the WBA at 108 on New Year's Eve. I've been following Tsubasa Koura after reading good things about him, he has nice hands but his defence is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't really know anything about the others. I should check out Knockout CP Freshmart
              Thanks for this.

Comment

I like them just as much as larger boxers. I watch all the pro boxing I can. I am unable to watch the minimumweights because they rarely if ever show them where I can watch them fight. If I never get to see them fight I am not going to keep up with them. I live in the USA and watch all the boxing channels I can but they almost never show the very light boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                  Don't see the point

They might as well just go all in and have dwarf boxing, give them proper recognised belts etc. At least that would be entertaining. rather than watching some under developed manlet's.

At least a proper dwarf is aggressive and strong with a big head.
                  If you don't like to watch them fight then don't watch them but they aren't underdeveloped manlet's whatever that is. They are strong athletic well built men and highly skilled boxers who weigh a lot less than most Europeans and Americans. In many counties in the world men about their weight are the norm and not the exception. They are faster and throw a lot more punches than larger boxers.

Comment

I only get up for fights at 105-135

Comment

Working...
                    X