No announcement yet.

Golovkin Vs. C. Smith @168lbs in May??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Fight the guy who stopped Fielding. Not a bad move, but I don’t see the risk versus reward here. Likely not a big money fight and a loss would pretty much seal his fate of blowing his chances at a Canelo trilogy.
    I bet he gets paid more for this fight then any other fight but canelo at this point.

They really wanted that Japan fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      I bet he gets paid more for this fight then any other fight but canelo at this point.

They really wanted that Japan fight
      But this one is way more dangerous. Smith is about 6'3" and probably walks into the ring a CW on fight night. GGG's best asset is his power, which will be negated at that weight. I can see big problems for GGG going up against Smith, even if Smith isn't the most skilled fighter around. I have to wonder if it's worth the $5-10M he can make on this one.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how good Callum Smith is yet. He seems to be competent at everything without being elite at anything. Decent power, solid jab, does his fundamentals but he ain't somebody who excites me. I don't see this one happening, but if he's ready to cash out with the GGG fight already then good luck to him.

Comment

This makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
            Ducked ward comments incoming if true .
            NO... first of all Ward was hurt and dealing with legal issues. when he came back he said he was moving up due to the struggle to make 168. all these Ward nutt garglers need to get them out of their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
              I would love to see it. I think Golovkin will actually do better against 168 lbs not named Canelo. They are not as quick or as athletic as the 160 pounders, plus with GGG new jab first style he can box more to set up power shots. I think it is a good fight for both fighters.
              New jab first style? He was always a jab first style. He just was fighting smaller fighters and b level talent. A bigger fighter with much longer reach normally will out jab him. Ggg would need to fight in the inside to close the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
                I'm not sure exactly how good Callum Smith is yet. He seems to be competent at everything without being elite at anything. Decent power, solid jab, does his fundamentals but he ain't somebody who excites me. I don't see this one happening, but if he's ready to cash out with the GGG fight already then good luck to him.
                You literally just described ggg at 168. Decent power, solid jab, does his fundamentals but he ain't somebody who excited me.

Anyway, ggg is out til March or April 2019 at the earliest. I will bet he might only fight 1 time in 2019 if Canelo tells him fight charlo to secure a 3rd fight. And my estimate is he fights a bum. Either a fast, feather fisted boxer or slow, powerful brawler he can know out easily.

Comment

Working...
                X