Looking back at David Hayes career.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The toe incident.

Comment

He convinced me he was going to beat Klitschko, me and my friends got the PPV and were treated to one of the most cowardly and terrible performances in a heavyweight title fight.

After that Haye has just chased fame and money, a total fraud who should never have came back.

An egotistical maniac..... any one who likes a man of his character is a fraud as well. These guys don't mix it in the working class.

Comment

Fast explosive athletic boxer that was fun to watch. I was a big fan of the Hayemaker!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Fast, athletic, explosive powerful with a poor chin and below average fundamentals.
          A better athlete than he was a boxer.

A great salesman.

A good CW in a poor era that avoided the real threats and probably one of the worst ever HW titlists. He knew how too sell a fight though.

People may say it was **** talk but I feel Tony Bellew summed him up perfectly and spoke the truth of what he really was as a person and a fighter. Absolutely hit the nail on the head for me.
          Pretty much this, disagree with poorest HW titlist though, hes just too small for the modern era of HW's for me. Completely agree on Bellew though... I thought Bellew was talking s*** at first but the more you think about what he said the more it makes sense, once he lost that athleticism he was pretty much f*****.

Comment

If he stayed at Cruiserweight he'd have had all the belts and ruled as Lineal Champ for a good few years and probably been able to build a HOF resume. He could have moved up to HW later in his career and got a few big money fights (Chisora, Whyte, Parker, Bellew etc) and that would have been better for his legacy.

Nevertheless he had a career most could only dream about and made a lot of money.

Comment

I remember him beating the Giant Valuev then the " Toe " fiasco in the Klitschko fight. With a couple KO's of pretty good Cruiserweights prior to that .

Comment

Overrated fighter who was nowhere near elite level, but a fanstastic salesman who consistently duped the British public into lining his pockets

Comment

As a guy who froze in his biggest fight after talking massive amounts of shit and blamed it on a stubbed toe.

Comment

He had a very good career most fighters can only dream of. He has made millions of dollars without taking much punishment and as a fighter, there is nothing more you can wish for.

Comment

Working...
                    X