No announcement yet.

NSB PICK EM POLL: HIGA vs ROSALES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Daigo is the hot favourite here... I think you can get 11/2 on Rosales which would qualify any successful picks on him for a 1.4x mult under the Pick 'em underdog rules.

EDIT: More like 6 - 1 now for a 1.5x mult.
    These odds are starting to suggest a bit of a mismatch, but Rosales is still a top 10 kind of guy... let's run this a poll a bit longer and see what it throws up.

Certainly in future if we do decide to do this kind of fight we should give it a bit more notice.

Comment

Ha ha Youtube is your friend, man. But still I absolutely get that researching fighters you may never watch again ain't what everyone is looking for out of the pick 'em.
      Oh for sure. If we decide to make it a pick em, I'll do my research!

Comment

No chance. Never even heard of these guys and I highly highly doubt many have watched them fight. I will just pick whoever is the favourite

Comment

For everyone saying “they haven’t seen these two fight before”, just go and watch them! Higa is a quality little fighter and exciting to watch, constantly on the front foot pressuring his opponents and pressing the action by throwing combinations and power shots

Comment

So my feeling, when this started last year, that the best design would be to do ALL world title fights. That way you would get your fair share of potentially lopsided fights mixed with highly competitive fights and also have situations where good, but lesser known fighters from all over the world end up in here. That would separate the casuals from the hardcore fans making picks, or force people to do more research to have an educated opinion on all fights.

With that being said, if we do ever decide to do it like that, I think it's something that shouldn't be enforced until 2019. So for this year I think we should just keep doing high profile fights, which this is not imo. So I vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              No chance. Never even heard of these guys and I highly highly doubt many have watched them fight. I will just pick whoever is the favourite
              The poll is saying otherwise even though I wish it was public because I only care for the views of actual players.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                The poll is saying otherwise even though I wish it was public because I only care for the views of actual players.
                fair enough, if thats what people want. ive not got a real problem with it cause i'll just bet on the strong favourite, just think it should be kept to fights which have good exposure rather than ones just for the sake of it, as i said people will make out they are hardcore fans but i highly doubt many people watch these guys fight.

Comment

never seen any of these guys fight. i'm up for learning/researching new fighters but there comes a point where many of us will end up blindly guessing...

Just one Pick 'Em per week should be the max I think, except in rare circumstances where there are a couple of juicy fights. then again, i'm not helping out with the running of it so I'm also happy to have what I'm given! Thanks again to everyone who is helping to keep this going

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Yeah, that was actually a mistake on my part... really it should be about getting the opinions of the 60 or so regular players.

I keep meaning to set up a group or contact list from the pick 'em account so we can easily notify all the players when we want to get a group opinion on stuff like this.

Comment

Yeah, that was actually a mistake on my part... really it should be about getting the opinions of the 60 or so regular players.

I keep meaning to set up a group or contact list from the pick 'em account so we can easily notify all the players when we want to get a group opinion on stuff like this.
                      Cool. So the Pick 'em should be put up tonight?

Comment

Working...
                      X