Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley the future of U.S. boxing?

I think both are very skillfull fighters but man their styles can be so unentertaining to watch sometimes.

I know some are gonna talk about their 'versatility' and **** but truth is that most mainstream boxing fans don't give a **** about that. And unlike Floyd neither of these guys have the personality to attract new fans.
    Last edited by wazaa.; 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM.

That is kind of depressing. I'm a big fan of both, but I have a hard time believing either will ever be a real star. We can claim Donaire, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      I think both are very skillfull fighters but man their styles can be so unentertaining to watch sometimes.

I know some are gonna talk about their 'versatitlity' and **** but truth is that most mainstream boxing fans don't give a **** about that. And unlike Floyd neither of these guys have the personality to attract new fans.
      doesnt matter who likes em. im not a casual. so idc about that crap. alls i care is that they keep winning. khan can keep losing and have all the fans in the world while crying about unfairly hes treated. u brits can keep im. lol

Comment

2 guys cant support an entire nation like the US in a sport.

You'll need more then 2 guys

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That is kind of depressing. I'm a big fan of both, but I have a hard time believing either will ever be a real star. We can claim Donaire, right?
          But they are the best the U.S. has to offer now. I cannot see them losing anytime soon so their fights will be frequently shown on tv.

Comment

You should add Peterson too

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              2 guys cant support an entire nation like the US in a sport.

You'll need more then 2 guys
              but they can be the standing out guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                You should add Peterson too

Lamont isn't that good.

Comment

Andre Ward is the future of Irish boxing.

Bradley isnt the future of anything

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    But they are the best the U.S. has to offer now. I cannot see them losing anytime soon so their fights will be frequently shown on tv.
                    Best they can probably hope for is a Hopkins type popularity because they kept winning and became well respected legends. Maybe Ward cracks that barrier and becomes a star, but with his style and lack of power I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                    X