No announcement yet.

boxing in the military

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing in the military

do any of you guys know anything about boxing in the army or navy? i keep looking online and i cant find anything. i know they have all-army and all-navy boxing championships, but thats about it. my friend said that it can be your job in the army to box, and theyll pay you a salary to do it, but like i said, cant find anything.

tell me what you know, if anything.

i was gonna box when i joined the navy
    but i said **** the navy and their boxing lol

Comment

The Navy team trains in Little Creek Virginia at the amphib base. If you want to fight for the team you still have to join the Navy and have a regular job. You then have to request to be T.A.D. to try out for the team. If you make it, they will most likely transfer you to the command wherever the team headquarters itself. Then you get to do the travelling, which can be extensive, to fight the other branches of the military, or to put on show fights against local clubs wherever. In the military it is a cake job, especially if you love to fight. If you are going to join for sure, I would suggest asking your recruiter to include a chance to try out. That way you don't have to kiss a ton of ass to get T.A.D. orders. T.A.D. means Temporary Assigned Duty, or Traveling Around Drunk depending on your day. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper77
        The Navy team trains in Little Creek Virginia at the amphib base. If you want to fight for the team you still have to join the Navy and have a regular job. You then have to request to be T.A.D. to try out for the team. If you make it, they will most likely transfer you to the command wherever the team headquarters itself. Then you get to do the travelling, which can be extensive, to fight the other branches of the military, or to put on show fights against local clubs wherever. In the military it is a cake job, especially if you love to fight. If you are going to join for sure, I would suggest asking your recruiter to include a chance to try out. That way you don't have to kiss a ton of ass to get T.A.D. orders. T.A.D. means Temporary Assigned Duty, or Traveling Around Drunk depending on your day. Hope that helps.
        hahahaha, so if you joined the navy or army to fight, would you stil have to actually work for the army/navy. As when you join then you would work in an area, ie, soldier, engineer, administration, logistics etc, would you still have to do thatr work in between fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Inf3rn0
          hahahaha, so if you joined the navy or army to fight, would you stil have to actually work for the army/navy. As when you join then you would work in an area, ie, soldier, engineer, administration, logistics etc, would you still have to do thatr work in between fights?
          Obviously, they dont employ you just to box.

Comment

my dads grandad used to be known in the army for his boxing

uncle in army but dont think he boxes anymore

Comment

Working...
            X