No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter DUCKING Errol Spence! "NOT MY GOAL, HE GOTTA WAIT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    I swear I think guys just want to be able to say their favorite fighter was ducked or that a guy they don't like ducked someone. To them that's sone sort if moral victory. No matter how nonsensical it is.
    That's gotta be it. I mean he is on here trying to convince himself of it. Quite sad

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      He beat Kell Brook. Don't know why I'm telling you this as it's obvious you're trolling
      Kell Brook Is a bum....
      Even Bundu Is a better win. (Brook ducked Bundu by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        As proven in my last post. Spence fought for $1.2 million against PEDerson and passed up $2.5 million against Cotto.

Cotto is 10000000000x more popular than PEDerson and would've offered a legitimate introduction to casual fans. Now, however, he remains a fringe PBC fighter.

Crawford beats Spence and I can't wait
        Spence has already been introduced to casual fans, he had the highest rated fight on network television. Why leave his division to fight an old fighter when he holds a title at WW and is trying to get guys in his division in the ring? It's already been stated that Goldenboy wanted him to sign with them in order to get the Cotto fight and he has stated on several occasions that he isn't going to sign with any promoter, he even turned down TMT.

Comment

Porter just trying take easy route to belt..Already fought Keith, been inactive from injury.

Comment

Spence has already been introduced to casual fans, he had the highest rated fight on network television. Why leave his division to fight an old fighter when he holds a title at WW and is trying to get guys in his division in the ring? It's already been stated that Goldenboy wanted him to sign with them in order to get the Cotto fight and he has stated on several occasions that he isn't going to sign with any promoter, he even turned down TMT.
            So he wants to fight Canelo and Golovkin at 160, but can't fight Cotto at 154 for $2.5 million and instead fights Nobody Peterson for $1.2 million.

Makes sense. I'd be surprised if you have ever held a job with that logic

Comment

So he wants to fight Canelo and Golovkin at 160, but can't fight Cotto at 154 for $2.5 million and instead fights Nobody Peterson for $1.2 million.

Canelo and GGG are money fights. Don't see why i should have to explain that but I guess you're ******ed

Comment

Canelo and GGG are money fights. Don't see why i should have to explain that but I guess you're ******ed
                So ducking Cotto to fight Peterson was a "money" decision?

Cotto offered $2.5 million and Spence got $1.2 million for Peterson.

What ya talkin 'bout bro?

Comment

Goldenboy wanted options on Spence. Spence has said in many interviews that he doesn't want or need a promoter. Peterson was the only WW willing to step up and take a fight with Spence. Why move to 154 when he isn't ready? He just beat Kell Brook for crying out loud, what would an old Cotto do for him. If he needed the money he wouldn't have turned down Floyd when he was trying to sign him.

Comment

The hell am I seeing in here? Are people legitimately trying to claim Spence ducked Cotto?

Comment

Again. Try to make sense bro. Follow the dialogue. I know it's hard, but try XD

Goldenboy wanted options on Spence. Spence has said in many interviews that he doesn't want or need a promoter. Peterson was the only WW willing to step up and take a fight with Spence. Why move to 154 when he isn't ready? He just beat Kell Brook for crying out loud, what would an old Cotto do for him. If he needed the money he wouldn't have turned down Floyd when he was trying to sign him.
                      Spence can callout / fight Canelo and Golovkin at 160, but he can't fight PPV star Miguel Cotto for $2.5 million at 154. Instead he opts to fight some nobody in the WW division and earn $1.2 million.

Of the 34 highest grossing PPV's EVER (including UFC and WWE), Miguel Cotto ranks 11th (Floyd) and 16th (Manny) in that list. He also sits just outside it the top 34 (34th is 950k buys) with his 900k performance against Canelo in 2015.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-5...history-2017-8

Do you know who's not on that list? Lamont Peterson. He isn't and will never be on a PPV show at all. Period.

So Errol Spence gave up a chance to earn twice the purse and gain invaluable experience on HBO/Showtime against Miguel Cotto. Instead he fights on PBC against TBD.

Meanwhile he calls out 160lb fighters even though he "shouldn't feel obligated" to fight 154lb'er.

LMFAO. Instead of arguing consider this is an educational experience. Spence is a hell of a fighter, but he did duck Cotto. It's okay. Nobody is perfect. Don't hate XD

Comment

Working...
                      X