Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte Completes VADA Testing Program - But Not Yet In The Clear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yeah I know, but saying he took a tainted substance twice makes it sounds like he's making the same excuse twice, which isn't the case.

He got a two year ban for taking a shake you can buy in a supermarket. Though we don't know what this situation is yet as he was cleared to fight by UKAD and clean with VADA, it's different I assume.
    He ordered a Dbol smoothie at the Shake Shack.

Comment

• Originally posted by M Bison View Post
      What gets me is, why in hell name is a pro fighter using these rip off supplements? They're just a complete scam and fair enough you might be right about that, but nothing beats a real meal over these stupid supplements.
      This is the exact same thing that have been asking all these pro boxers, why are you using any supplements at all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        This is the exact same thing that have been asking all these pro boxers, why are you using any supplements at all!
        There is nothing wrong with certain supplements. They just have to be cleared with the testing agencies first. Athletes do it all of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by M Bison View Post
          I guess you've fell into the supplement scam, its honestly a load of *****. I've been training long enough to know this, if anything most of these supplements do more harm than good, they tend to bloat you and the process of it going through you isn't that good.
          Some vitamins and supplements are very beneficial. Vitamin D for example. Depending on where you live you may be D defecient because of the climate. Are amino acids a scam? Everyone has their own views on supplements and I do agree that some are a scam. Research before buying.

Comment

Yeah I know, but saying he took a tainted substance twice makes it sounds like he's making the same excuse twice, which isn't the case.

He got a two year ban for taking a shake you can buy in a supermarket. Though we don't know what this situation is yet as he was cleared to fight by UKAD and clean with VADA, it's different I assume.
            The issue isn't whether it is "legal" by law. The testing agencies have been preaching to athletes for years to do their research before ingesting anything. There are numerous "stimulants" that are legal but are banned substances. One example is Higenamine. It is often marketed in dietary supplements as a stimulant and is contained in a lot of pre-workout or energy products. However, WADA does not consider higenamine a stimulant. WADA has classified higenamine as a beta-2 agonist, which means it is prohibited at all times. Ignorance is not considered as a valid defense such as Dillian Whyte's two year ban suggested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
              The issue isn't whether it is "legal" by law. The testing agencies have been preaching to athletes for years to do their research before ingesting anything. There are numerous "stimulants" that are legal but are banned substances. One example is Higenamine. It is often marketed in dietary supplements as a stimulant and is contained in a lot of pre-workout or energy products. However, WADA does not consider higenamine a stimulant. WADA has classified higenamine as a beta-2 agonist, which means it is prohibited at all times. Ignorance is not considered as a valid defense such as Dillian Whyte's two year ban suggested.
              You should understand that I'm saying there's a difference between a tainted substance and an illegal substance.

Comment

Jack3d is a pre workout. Nobody is taking that at the supermarket unless they wanna sprint through the supermarket haha

Comment

You should understand that I'm saying there's a difference between a tainted substance and an illegal substance.
                  I understand what you’re saying

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Jack3d is a pre workout. Nobody is taking that at the supermarket unless they wanna sprint through the supermarket haha
                    I don't know if you can anymore but you used to be able to buy it at your local GNC.

Comment

I don't know if you can anymore but you used to be able to buy it at your local GNC.
                      Well yeah, what I mean is that you wouldn’t buy it and drink it there like you would with a supermarket protein shake, not unless you wanted to physically have the shakes in your car.

I’ve taken jack3d. Personally didn’t like it, the beta alanine causes almost painful tingling. But yeah, it’s not something you want to take unless you’re hitting the weights in 20 minutes or hitting an opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X