Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakdown of potential fight between Danny Jacobs and Jermall Charlo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlo needs a reality check if he thinks he will just steamroll Jacobs. Charlo is a good fighter but he's not picking on a smaller guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I don't know why people think this is so competitive. Jermall would sleep Danny. I like Jacobs but this is a bad fight for him.
      Based on what? Jacobs was really competitive against GGG where as Jermall went to war with Trout. I'm pretty sure both GGG and Jacobs stop trout.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Charlo needs a reality check if he thinks he will just steamroll Jacobs. Charlo is a good fighter but he's not picking on a smaller guy.
        My point exactly.

Comment

It's an obvious fight that should happen.GGG will likely fight Canelo in September. The winner of a Jacobs vs Jermall fight would have a good chance to land a fight with the winner of GGG vs Canelo. I think it's a close fight and they are evenly matched. They are good fast boxers and big punchers. I give Jacobs a slight edge because I think he hits a little harder and has more experience against better competition. The way Jacobs destroyed Kid Chocolate was very impressive. Jermall failed to hurt Trout and I think Jacobs would have hurt Trout.They match up very evenly in most boxing skills so I just give Jacobs a slight edge to win. Jermall attacks very hard these days so I think they would go to war and the winner would probably score a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            For some reason Charlo fans want Charlo to fight bums next in order to get the GGG shot. I mean they said that Jacobs is easy work for what he had shown last night but isn't keen on pushing the fight.
            Charlo gets his title, Jacobs gets his title, and then the two of them can fight.

No amount of mess you can talk will change the fact that, after Golovkin fights his two years on ice junior middleweight and hopes to God that Alvarez doesn't try to stall him out until May, he's going to have to choose between three fighters who all have the style that he and his camp have basically spent his entire run on HBO avoiding.

Have fun with that

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Based on what? Jacobs was really competitive against GGG where as Jermall went to war with Trout. I'm pretty sure both GGG and Jacobs stop trout.
              And, Jacobs was dropped by Mora. Trout went 12 with Canelo and schooled Cotto. We can play that stupid triangle math game all day. If you can't see Charlo's skill, speed, and power, then you're just going to have to keep watching and wait until his wins explain it for you. Lemme guess, big GG fan? They seem to be the only ones who try to play this, "Charlo is unproven" game.

Comment

i'd give charlo the edge in a fight against jacobs but all this he would destroy and ko jacobs like he's light work is bull****. i understand charlo took care bums like heiland and centeno in spectacular fashion as he should. jacobs ain't no bum, he's a top 5 middleweight who held his own against ggg but seems to fight to the level of his opposition. this would be a helluva fight, i think we'll learn alot about charlo in this fight.

another thing, im kind of surprised jacobs is at 160 still. wasn't too long ago he was talking about going up to 168 because he was having problems with the weight.

Comment

Charlo has great skills i think he looks more to get u outta there now that he is champion. I think he is building up his image with KOs and bad boy persona to increase the checks

Comment

Originally posted by Dana White Sr View Post
                    i'd give charlo the edge in a fight against jacobs but all this he would destroy and ko jacobs like he's light work is bull****. i understand charlo took care bums like heiland and centeno in spectacular fashion as he should. jacobs ain't no bum, he's a top 5 middleweight who held his own against ggg but seems to fight to the level of his opposition. this would be a helluva fight, i think we'll learn alot about charlo in this fight.

another thing, im kind of surprised jacobs is at 160 still. wasn't too long ago he was talking about going up to 168 because he was having problems with the weight.

That's why I favor Jacobs

Comment

So the mw division was absolute **** not to long ago, but add Canelo and a couple unproven guys and all of the sudden it's among the best? It was either being underrated then, or overrated now.

Comment

Working...
                      X