No announcement yet.

The Like & Dislike thread- Abraham vs. Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Like & Dislike thread- Abraham vs. Marquez

A thread that could be brought up for every fight. List in point form a few offensive things you like and you dislike, and a few defencive things you like and dislike. I'll start.

*Abraham*

Offense
    Like: Great power, decent jab, ability to finish with either hand, excellent killer instinct. Loves to get that KO.

Dislike: Very tentative at times, and spends long periods doing absolutely nothing.

Defence
    Like: Very tight guard, nearly ala Winky Wright. Great chin (showed this in with standing Miranda's power and a broken jaw for a total of 16 rounds.

Dislike: Gets sloppy with his punches and often throws wide shots when he gets excited. Has been caught doing this (Miranda, Gevor, Ayala all caught him with big shots at times.)

*Marquez*

Offense
    Like: Killer use of the jab. Can box going all directions and has nice combinations. Fights orthodox fighters like an orthodox fighter fights a southpaw, setting up that cross straight down the pipe. Very technical.

Dislike: Not too much to say here, because Marquez does just about everything well and can mix in a little of it all. Age has contributed to somewhat slowing work rate, but looked great late against Lorenzo and McKart.

Defence
    Like: Slick style, good sense of range. Good chin, resilient. Can block punches, and slip a little, but prefers to create range and make opponents miss with distance rather than head movement.

Dislike: Cuts extremely easily. This has been his undoing against Campas (big time!) and against Mosley, a fight in which he was outboxing Shane before the opportunity was ruined by the accidental head butts that cut him. Fight was a no contest.

Please be impartial and do not place picks in this thread.

pointless...arthur is gonna beat him and bad

Comment

Its not pointless at all, if you enjoy boxing then you'll see the fun in analyzing styles. I too think that Abraham will win, look at my sig for ****s sake! I just enjoy the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
        Its not pointless at all, if you enjoy boxing then you'll see the fun in analyzing styles. I too think that Abraham will win, look at my sig for ****s sake! I just enjoy the sport.
        slotff i was just havin fun wit ya im not da type to post in sum1 thread and degrade em..green k for the time you took to make and comparsim..good job

Comment

Killer use of the jab.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
            slotff i was just havin fun wit ya im not da type to post in sum1 thread and degrade em..green k for the time you took to make and comparsim..good job
            dude, I was not angry at all, I was just stating! haha, your a good poster and your opinion was always appreciated, sorry if I came off as hostile

Comment

Originally posted by Courage View Post
              Killer use of the jab.

LOL
              You've clearly never seen the man fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
                You've clearly never seen the man fight.
                I think you're the first Baldomir fan I've ever met .

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                  I think you're the first Baldomir fan I've ever met .
                  I Think I'm the ONLY Baldomir fan I've ever met.

But I am even more so a Ricardo Mayorga man, I just can't get over past their prime limited fighters :P

But seriously those guys are two of my favs.

Comment

Working...
                  X