No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki-Martin Probable for Garcia-Porter Card August 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Hearn got nothing to do with Miller or Kownacki, besides they both said they won't fight each other unless it's very well paid fight or a belt fight. They are brothers or something.
    I thought Miller was signed to Hearn? Here's what Kownacki said about Big Baby:

January 17, 2018:

How would you describe your relationship with Jarrell Miller?

Last time we sparred was the month that he fought and knocked out [Mariusz Wach in November.] We did eight rounds together, but we’ve sparred for 10 or 11 years.

I’d say it’s been a thousand or more rounds. We both grew up in Brooklyn and were always around Gleason’s Gym.

I wasn’t surprised that he knocked out Gerald Washington [eighth-round stoppage in July.] I knew he was gonna do that. I was actually surprised that it took him that long.

Under what conditions would you fight Miller?

There are a lot great fights in the heavyweight division, and it would have to be worth something for us to fight. We’re two, very good, up and coming fighters from Brooklyn who are on the verge of becoming heavyweight champions.

I think it would be a great fight to have in Brooklyn, down the road, and if we fought at Barclays Center it would be a great show and a sellout. You look at the buildup for a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight and it’s like that.

It’s something that you have to wait for and it takes time. This fight would be a fight that everyone would want to see. It doesn’t make so much sense right now, so it’s better to wait for the money it would [generate] later on.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...dam-kownacki-0

Comment

Martin had a better heavyweight championship reign than Tyson Fury

Comment

Add the winner of this fight to Breazeale on the list of guys Wilder will fight if Femi ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I thought Miller was signed to Hearn? Here's what Kownacki said about Big Baby:

January 17, 2018:

How would you describe your relationship with Jarrell Miller?

Last time we sparred was the month that he fought and knocked out [Mariusz Wach in November.] We did eight rounds together, but we’ve sparred for 10 or 11 years.

I’d say it’s been a thousand or more rounds. We both grew up in Brooklyn and were always around Gleason’s Gym.

I wasn’t surprised that he knocked out Gerald Washington [eighth-round stoppage in July.] I knew he was gonna do that. I was actually surprised that it took him that long.

Under what conditions would you fight Miller?

There are a lot great fights in the heavyweight division, and it would have to be worth something for us to fight. We’re two, very good, up and coming fighters from Brooklyn who are on the verge of becoming heavyweight champions.

I think it would be a great fight to have in Brooklyn, down the road, and if we fought at Barclays Center it would be a great show and a sellout. You look at the buildup for a Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight and it’s like that.

It’s something that you have to wait for and it takes time. This fight would be a fight that everyone would want to see. It doesn’t make so much sense right now, so it’s better to wait for the money it would [generate] later on.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...dam-kownacki-0
          Yes exactly that, they won't fight unless it's a huge payday.
          Also Miller is not with Hearn, they had two fights deal and it's done already, he's his own promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            At least he had desire to defend his belt once, like Buster Douglas. That makes them both better champions than Fury.

Comment

Martin's had two devastating KO wins since the Joshua loss. It'd be nice to see him on the televised undercard for this one

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

tyson at least beat the man.

martin just picked up a paper title

Comment

Good fight, gonna see someone timber!

Comment

This is gonna look like two union workers fighting over work hours.

I'll take the bait if Martin is at least 3/1

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      tyson at least beat the man.

martin just picked up a paper title
                      He didn't beat anyone, he won on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X