Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anytime a Crab Manages to Crawl Out of the Bucket, the Haters Ensue...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anytime a Crab Manages to Crawl Out of the Bucket, the Haters Ensue...

Mayweather had his haters. Pacquiao had his haters. GGG has his haters. Loma clearly now has his haters.

All four had talent and rose above their fellow contenders. They accomplished more than most fighters ever will. Yet, the hate ensues. I suppose it's just natural.

And I understand that all criticism is not hate. It's definitely not. But some of these threads lately are nothing but hate. Of course, my fellow posters will call this out happily which reaffirms my belief that most fans are pretty reasonable.

So the question is, is hate really a bad thing for a fighter? These same haters will watch all of their fights, hoping for a downfall. They will tell their friends that the one they hate sucks and some of their friends will watch and think they are pretty good. Any publicity is good publicity I suppose. So is the hate a positive? Does it mean the fighter is getting somewhere?

I haven't really seen people hate on him just his fans are overly combative with any criticism lmfao, so a non-issue they blow out of proportion. Anyone saying lomachenko doesn't have talent is clearly trolling or DKSAB.

Comment

I'm not sure anyone hates Lomachenko, it's just more of a Lomachenko-Garcia rivarly

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        I'm not sure anyone hates Lomachenko, it's just more of a Lomachenko-Garcia rivarly
        What I've been reading is more of a Lomachenko-Mayweather rivalry which is all really kind of stupid since he's retired.

Comment

Well, don't point the fingers to only the "haters".

There's such thing called constructive criticism, and overrating.

Saying a fighter who is 8-1 is greater than Mayweather is called overrating. Someone disagreeing with that is not called "hating".

When GGG defeated Proksa, many threads were made about him being better than Hagler, Hopkins and other past MW greats. Someone disagreeing with that is not "hating".

-PBP- and I started a group called Vasyl Lomachenko Fan Club, where we discuss his fights and career with no BS "He's better than this ATG", "Only blacks hate him", "Only Hitler fans love him", etc. Threads like these basically, you won't see in that group, it's just talking Lomachenko from a reasonable perspective without the race wars or being called a hater if you disagree that he's greater than Mayweather, or if you think Mikey will beat him or if you think he should fight Salido, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
            I haven't really seen people hate on him just his fans are overly combative with any criticism lmfao, so a non-issue they blow out of proportion. Anyone saying lomachenko doesn't have talent is clearly trolling or DKSAB.
            Yep, no one is hating on him. Some crazy people (which I don't even want to label them Loma fans) are just talking crazy stuff about what he can or who he's better than and people are disagreeing, that's not hate lol.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              What I've been reading is more of a Lomachenko-Mayweather rivalry which is all really kind of stupid since he's retired.
              Yeah, that was because someone made a thread saying he surpassed Mayweather and is greater than him and then some anti-Floyd fans agree with it and like every other fans disagreed with it. This is the "hate"

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Saying a fighter who is 8-1 is greater than Mayweather is called overrating. Someone disagreeing with that is not called "hating".

When GGG defeated Proksa, many threads were made about him being better than Hagler, Hopkins and other past MW greats. Someone disagreeing with that is not "hating".

-PBP- and I started a group called Vasyl Lomachenko Fan Club, where we discuss his fights and career with no BS "He's better than this ATG", "Only blacks hate him", "Only Hitler fans love him", etc. Threads like these basically, you won't see in that group, it's just talking Lomachenko from a reasonable perspective without the race wars or being called a hater if you disagree that he's greater than Mayweather, or if you think Mikey will beat him or if you think he should fight Salido, etc.
                Oh I haven't seen that fan club. That sounds pretty cool. Got a link?

Comment

When GGG defeated Proksa, many threads were made about him being better than Hagler, Hopkins and other past MW greats. Someone disagreeing with that is not "hating"

Facts. Well ****ing said.

Comment

Yep, no one is hating on him. Some crazy people (which I don't even want to label them Loma fans) are just talking crazy stuff about what he can or who he's better than and people are disagreeing, that's not hate lol.
                    I disagree. He's getting a lot of uncalled for hate. Yes, there are fans who go too far with the praise, but nearly every thread about Loma has a few hit and runs who chant "but Salido" and piss off. Same thing with GGG. I've noticed that it irks manly American fans; they resent Europe taking over boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X