No announcement yet.

Who won? Beltran or Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
    So far, The Weebler had a it a draw but he can't score a fight to save his life. Yall should see his scorecard for Hatton-Mayweather.
    No surprise there

Comment

Originally posted by Necrophobic View Post
      While I favoured Burns' clean punching against Beltran's hitting of the gloves, I still had Beltran winning by 2 points. It was nowhere near the robbery people are making it out to be though.
      Beltran scored a lot more clean punches than Burns. His left hook was working all night, Burns jab-right hand worked occasionally, but didn't bother Beltran the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
        yes it was, in all honestly Burns is just poort. i don't understand how he's a world champ actually, let him fight Katsidis
        He beat him clearly.

Comment

Anyone else impressed with Beltran's chin? Ricky's clean right hands just bounced off him and he didn't even blink or seemed fazed ever at all.

Comment

i think if they rematch they should have VADA testing......those heredia peds seemed to give beltran that extra pop and you can tell burns was really feeling those roided punches...

Comment

Beltran WAS ROBBED...
              You must be Ricky Burns family member to score it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
                I had it 116-111 for Beltran.
                That's a crazy score, I'd like to see your card.

I didn't keep a card but from memory:

1. Burns
                2. Beltran
                3. Beltran
                4. Burns
                5. Beltran
                6. Burns
                7. Burns
                8. Beltran
                9. Beltran
                10. Beltran
                11. Burns
                12. Burns

113-114 me thinks

Beltran ahead cos of the KD.

IMO could have gone either way or a draw, deserves a rematch though!

Comment

I had it 116-111 to Beltran, 8 rounds to 4 plus the knockdown.

That was a robbery, plain as day. I'm English and I can honestly say that British boxing is a disgrace, you get a fairer shake in Germany these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    He beat him clearly.
                    yes, but i want to see it again as a tune up, this guy needs confidence or he wont be champ any longer and Katsidis at least is a name in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                      R1=Burns
                      R2=Burns
                      R3=Beltran (close round though.
                      Could go either way)
                      R4=Beltran
                      R5=Beltran
                      R6=Burns
                      R7=Burns
                      R8=Beltran + KD

Rounds 9 and 10 I admittedly did not see.

R11=Burns
                      R12=Burns

Assuming Beltran won 9 and 10, he should have won by a point. Honestly I felt a lot of these rounds were close though and I could see someone having Burns winning or a draw. Was a good fight and props to Burns for fighting with a dislocated jaw for 10 rounds. I did not see a robbery here. Burns looked good in the center of the ring but did hold a lot and allowed Beltran to bully him against the ropes.
                      Burns didn't win the 11th and the 6th was a close round as well.

116 111 on my card. Best I could possibly see for Burns is a 114 113 loss.

As many on here know I hate the word robbery, but this was one plain and simple. Several rounds weren't close and Beltran clearly won 7 rounds with a knock down as well. No debate, this was a robbery plain and simple and the commentators said it best afterwards. Hell one of them said if the rolls were reserved the Brits would be screaming about a robbery. Easily the worst score card of the year imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X