can rios unify 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can rios unify 135?

you think he's got what it takes?

now that guererro is gone and if jmm is really past it, then hes the best guy in the division clearly so id say yeah.

Comment

JMM would stop rios....

so no also Soto could possibly beat him

Comment

I don't think he can. Not that he isn't capable of it, but I think he's only going to have 1 or 2 more fights at 135.

It wouldn't surprise me if his next fight is at 140...

Comment

Rios vs Soto make it happen

Comment

unifying is pointless. the belts don't mean anything anymore and he would get stripped immediately anyway. just fight the best available contender and if they happen to have a belt dont pay for it. let the belts be won by complete bums who no one wants to see and they will fade away into bolivian.

Comment

Did you see Rios weigh in pictures?

This one is not even the baddest one, I saw one where I only recognized him because of his tattoos.

So the real question is, how many more fights will he kill himself in to make 135?

He keeps trying make 135 and doesn't go up to 140-147 soon, he's gonna get knocked out at 135 cause he'll be coming 80% healthy in there. Who knows how much better he is but we can't see that at 135. He does show he's good, but he had some trouble with Acosta, and now a guy in which I thought it was a mismatch Antillon, despite the TKO3, Antillon got some good hits in. Rios should move up to 147 where the big money fights are, including his supposed rival Victor Ortiz. I would say move up to 140 but for what exactly? Khan will move up to 147 after Judah probably, Alexander-Malignaggi is gonna take place at 147, Bradley will most likely be moving up to 147 if he signs with Top Rank. Basically 140 will be a dead division, 147 is where it's gonna be at in 2012 so that's where Rios should move up to.

Comment

if jmm doesn't come back, i think so. he should try before he starts not being able to make that weight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Did you see Rios weigh in pictures?

This one is not even the baddest one, I saw one where I only recognized him because of his tattoos.

this one was worse

So the real question is, how many more fights will he kill himself in to make 135?
                  one or two more times tops if no one is there at 35 he will move up.
                  He keeps trying make 135 and doesn't go up to 140-147 soon, he's gonna get knocked out at 135 cause he'll be coming 80% healthy in there. Who knows how much better he is but we can't see that at 135.
                  He is fine you make it seem like he is a ghost in the ring yet his best three performances have been where people though he was dried up (Peterson Acosta now this fight).

is it hard for him to make 135? yes but certainly not impossible.
                  He does show he's good, but he had some trouble with Acosta,
                  not very many people can say they had an easy time with Acosta you make it sound like Rios should have ran right through him.

and now a guy in which I thought it was a mismatch Antillon, despite the TKO3, Antillon got some good hits in.
                  and Urbano gets good hits in on everyone including a guy like Soto

Rios should move up to 147 where the big money fights are, including his supposed rival Victor Ortiz.
                  he will eventually but right now he wants to explore what's left at 135 and what 140 has to offer.

I would say move up to 140 but for what exactly? Khan will move up to 147 after Judah probably, Alexander-Malignaggi is gonna take place at 147, Bradley will most likely be moving up to 147 if he signs with Top Rank.
                  this is all speculation based on hearsay and rumor let the fights and signings play out before you start using them

Basically 140 will be a dead division, 147 is where it's gonna be at in 2012 so that's where Rios should move up to.
                  and he will in due time

Comment

135 tournament would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X