Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robison Left Hook vs Hearns Right Hand.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robison Left Hook vs Hearns Right Hand.

Who's is the greatest? Poll coming.

I think Robinsons left hook is better as he took out GENE FULLMER one of the toughest SOB's in the game with one punch no stuns, no wobbly legs, while going backwards.

Hearns has a lot of great right hand KO's also but, not against the likes of GENE FULLMER and that is the deciding factor for me.

The knockout over Fullmer means i have too give it too Robinson and his left hook,Hearns was a brutal puncher but never knocked anybody of that calibre out in such fashion

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      The knockout over Fullmer means i have too give it too Robinson and his left hook,Hearns was a brutal puncher but never knocked anybody of that calibre out in such fashion

Such infinite wisdom you have, mate. Yet another deeply profound post in the history section.

O please, O boxing Sage, illuminate more threads with your superior knowledge of this ancient pugilistic sport.

Comment

i am biased as all get out toward the hook

i believe it's the most effective punch in boxing in my eyes

it's the shortest punch with knockout power
        it's the easiest punch to punctuate your combinations
        it's often closest to your opponent
        and it's the easiest shot to run into or not see.
        you can throw it to the body easily (a right hand to the body is probably the easiest punch to pick off or get inside of it and counter upstairs... with the hook of all things. you dont see many people throwing them if an opponent is throwing back. pavlik used to throw them if he was getting guys to react to the jab, but could only get away with it because of his length)

all of that being said, the right hand is usually the hardest punch that can be thrown by almost any man.
        the only way to throw a harder punch than a real right hand with weight being transferred is to throw it off a pitching mound

i'm going with robinson's hook because of the ledger of men that could not deal with it.

tommy's right hand traveled a great distance (though it certainly didnt waste motion, it was just coming from a high shoulder and a huge arm)
        robinson's hook is litterally hard to see it could be so short
        Last edited by New England; 04-15-2011, 05:10 PM. Reason: i was in a hurry and made a grip of typos

Comment

While lurking I discovered this thread and found it inexcusable that no-one mentioned Hearn's tooling Duran with his straight right.

Possibly the only time in history a top 10 ATG was levelled with one punch.

Comment

Damn that left hook was amazing, and it seemed like he did it with no effort at all

Comment

You could argue for either one....but I will go with Hearns' right.

I think Hearns' KO of Duran matches Robinson's KO of Fullmer. Yes, Fullmer at 160 was a tougher nut than Duran at 154, but Hearns' KO was more frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                While lurking I discovered this thread and found it inexcusable that no-one mentioned Hearn's tooling Duran with his straight right.

Possibly the only time in history a top 10 ATG was levelled with one punch.

Charles-Walcott III

Comment

I have to go with Hearns' right on this one. I think Duran easily equals Fullmer in terms of chin, and more. No one else got close to hurting or dropping Duran, from 147 to 160, really apart from a massive clean left hook from Barkley, which would and did, knock out just about every natural middleweight it landed on like that and that was on a 40 year old fat bastard Duran.

Apart from the 90 year old Duran against Joppy, that was, just like Fullmer, the only time anyone laid waste to him properly. Fullmer also had the ****e beaten out of him by Dick Tiger and the fight stopped. Duran was better defensively and had a better chin.

While Fullmer was stopped with a ten count only that once, he was dropped quite a number of times and hurt quite badly on many occasions throughout his career. Much more than Duran in his prime. He also fought at basically the same weight his whole career. He was all but knocked out against Gil Turner for one, taking a 9 count and losing the fight. It's only one more second to a KO, and Robinson was able to get that extra second in.

Close, but for pure power, I'll take Hearns.

Comment

There's no right answere here. Both were lazer-guided and devastating.

Comment

Working...
                    X