No announcement yet.

Mouthpiece....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouthpiece....

Is there anything to these high dollar mouth guards like (http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/ultra-stc.aspx) or is it a waste of money when the $2 clear plastic one will do?

Thanks!

i wouldnt trust these cheap rubber mouthguards to protect your teeth

i got a shock doctor for 25 bucks and its rock solid and perfect for boxing

Comment

this is what you want and what tons of pro's wear

www.customguards.com

Comment

Originally posted by icedog11 View Post
        this is what you want and what tons of pro's wear

www.customguards.com
        Yeah not paying $80 for a mouthpiece.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by CUFreeze View Post
          Yeah not paying $80 for a mouthpiece.... lol
          Dude, you'll notice a HUGE difference when wearing a custom mouthpiece...versus those shockdoctor ones...

I'm not bashing shockdoctor...since I own a few things made by them..but honestly, when it comes to protecting your teeth... no competition...go with the custom...more comfortable, better protection.

But shockdoctor is good...or hell ask your dentist how much he charges for custom

Comment

ok excuse my ignorance here fellas but what is the difference in a "custom" mouthpiece and one you boil and fit to your teeth? I have always used the later.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CUFreeze View Post
              ok excuse my ignorance here fellas but what is the difference in a "custom" mouthpiece and one you boil and fit to your teeth? I have always used the later.

Thanks
              The ones that you boil and bite....wear out quicker, if you dont get the right fit ...then its utterly useless, and it doesnt provide better protection than customs. Could interfere with breathing...and I just wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that I'm protecting my teeth with a $2 mouthpiece.

The only upside is that it's cheaper lol..you get what you pay for

Comment

you are comparing those cheap ass everlast mouthguards for 2 bucks to custom ones? come on

there is not a big difference when you compare decent shock doctors out there (for around 20 bucks) to the custom ones. custom ones are more comfortable to wear but thats about it. breathing, protection etc. all that changed the past few years, the decent shock doctors are pretty close to the custom ones at this point which is why the custom mouthguards are getting cheaper the more time passes. couple years ago you had to pay 150-200 bucks for a custom one. now you can get them for 50 bucks or so

look if you dont care about money, or if you just feel like spending that type of money on a mouthguard go ahead and get the custom one. nobody's saying its worse. but if you dont have the dough you are way better off with a shock doctor for 20 bucks. you dont have to worry about getting your teeth knocked out or anything or not be able to breath or speak and whatnot

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  you are comparing those cheap ass everlast mouthguards for 2 bucks to custom ones? come on

there is not a big difference when you compare decent shock doctors out there (for around 20 bucks) to the custom ones. custom ones are more comfortable to wear but thats about it. breathing, protection etc. all that changed the past few years, the decent shock doctors are pretty close to the custom ones at this point which is why the custom mouthguards are getting cheaper the more time passes. couple years ago you had to pay 150-200 bucks for a custom one. now you can get them for 50 bucks or so

look if you dont care about money, or if you just feel like spending that type of money on a mouthguard go ahead and get the custom one. nobody's saying its worse. but if you dont have the dough you are way better off with a shock doctor for 20 bucks. you dont have to worry about getting your teeth knocked out or anything or not be able to breath or speak and whatnot
                  I dont think any pro boxers wear shock doctor mouthguards...Almost all of them wear a professionally fitted mouthpiece...

But yeah, I was comparing a custom to a $2 mouthpiece because thats what the OP wanted to buy..... lolzwat?

Comment

honestly if youre not buying a custom those dollar ones are fine. I used one for years with out a problem and its not like I dont get hit. the customs are totally worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X