No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Reacts To Kovalev's Trash Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Lol at ward saying that they set a record in getting the fight done as quick as possible.

It only took you a year and hbo forcing you to make the fight happen. Even then you managed to get handsomely paid for fighting three bums, because you "needed" those fights to get ready.

Floyd needed no bums to move up one division to fight oscar. Hopkins didnt need bums to fight tarver and that was two divisions(so was pac against oscar). But i guess thats the difference between ward and true ATG's.

Ward fools a lot of gullible people, but that wont help him in not getting knocked out.
    Congratulations, you have the post with the most ignorance so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Congratulations, you have the post with the most ignorance so far!
      So stating the truth is ignorance? Ward said the fight was done in record time, which is simply not true.

He also signed to fight 3 bums to fight kovalev. You think hbo wanted to pay for ward vs paul the bum, barrera, and brand? They did it because it was the only way to get that diva in the ring with kovalev.

Some ppl just love drinking that al sharpton koolaid.

Comment

Did no one else notice the article is about Canelo vs. Smith? The video and title is about Ward, but the Article is a repost of a earlier Canelo article.

Comment

Ward is one of the classiest athletes I've seen, he's a great ambassador for Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by truefan View Post
            They both are winners so it will not be easy for any fighter. If you are a real fan of boxing then you will understand that. Ward has fought the better opponents but is smaller. Kovalev is taller and hits harder. Ward has the boxing IQ and experience technically. Overall Ward is better but Kovalev is a monster. Pick 'em fight in my opinion.
            I didn't think I'd ever see this fight happen because I didn't think Ward still had the passion for the sport but now that it is I dare not put my money on either of them.

Personally, I think Kovalev's skills are underrated so I don't see Ward schooling him like he did Froch but if Kovalev is going to win I see it just like the Froch / Taylor with Kovalev behind on the cards but stopping Ward in the championship rounds. But again, I dare not put my money on either of them.

Comment

So stating the truth is ignorance? Ward said the fight was done in record time, which is simply not true.

He also signed to fight 3 bums to fight kovalev. You think hbo wanted to pay for ward vs paul the bum, barrera, and brand? They did it because it was the only way to get that diva in the ring with kovalev.

Considering the magnitude and significance of the fight it was definitely done in record time.....

When is Canelo vs GGG happening?

When is Kovalev vs Stevenson happening?

When is the rematch between Roman Gonzalez and Estrada going to happen?

A fight involving top p4p fighters is always going to take time especially when you consider that Ward was inactive for almost 2 years so yes it was done in record time.

The only angry people are guys like you that wanted the fight to happen without Ward getting some activity because you felt that was a better chance for him to lose. You were one of the posters hoping Ward would retire and never come back so why wouldn't you be mad.

I don't drink Koolaid, but you've been sipping on that Ward haterade for a minute.
              Last edited by NaijaD; 09-17-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Yeah, you're very ignorant. Ward vs Smith was on BET, not HBO. References to Al Sharpton and koolaid when talking about a Black fighter will be seen as racist as well. So you're a race soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                  Ward is one of the classiest athletes I've seen, he's a great ambassador for Boxing.
                  He really is. Dude is smart, eloquent, well spoken. Humble yet at the same time exudes uber confidence. SOG's as strong of a professional athlete role model that you'll find in the wide world of sports -- yet the guy is really a complete unknown outside of actual boxing fans and he supposedly struggles to sell tickets in his own damn hometown.

And people can say that he's boring or whatever, but ****, it ain't like dude is any more boring in the ring than f**king Floyd. Yet Floyd was the biggest money making professional athlete on this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
                    Yeah, you're very ignorant. Ward vs Smith was on BET, not HBO. References to Al Sharpton and koolaid when talking about a Black fighter will be seen as racist as well. So you're a race soldier?
                    Ward is 50% Irish... Wait: you knew that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Ward is 50% Irish... Wait: you knew that, right?
                      I'm part Irish, and the Irish were given hard times with racism too, so what?

Comment

Working...
                      X