No announcement yet.

Andre Ward sounds off on Barrera trash talk and making a statement in the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Unfortunately, I was forced to rewatch Ward's fights many times -- I had to study his style for some practical reason.
    ...what was the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Unfortunately, I was forced to rewatch Ward's fights many times -- I had to study his style for some practical reason.
      Glad to see you are still with us today.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        one thing I always respected about Ward is he never comes out of pocket or acts out of character. He showed that poise as prospect, on his way up the ladder and when he was supposed to be in over his head in the supper six

you dont wake a sleeping giant. Ward is one of those guys who isnt looked at as a mean MFer but watch him fight, he'll beat you up with or without a kayo.

It would benefit Barrera if Ward sat down on his shots and traded but lets get real, Ward is too smart for that.

He is the smartest fighter I've seen since a prime Mayweather and thats saying something. He doesnt let opponents or the media dictate the way he fights or play mind games. Thats for the mentally weak
        yea as long as he fights in his hometown and uses his ref that allows him to butt elbow clinch and hold all he wants

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          His physical strength is a big part of why he is able to cling onto his opponents like a limpet sticks to a rock, imo.

There is a time to over-intellectualise boxing but I am pretty certain Kessler, Froch et al. would have liked to have been able to shake him off and punch him in the head.

He is brilliant yes. But there are times when he is spoiling. No other words for it really.
          froch was the strongest SM I ever saw and mental ward threw him around. ward is on some kinda juice

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            yea as long as he fights in his hometown and uses his ref that allows him to butt elbow clinch and hold all he wants
            were any of his fights even close....whine.....guys you apply when it comes to my top 5 excuses thread

so you missed the part when he was landing more and got hit less

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              Glad to see you are still with us today.
              ... I'm not dead yet...

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                ...what was the reason?
                ... it didn't materialize eventually, therefore it doesn't matter anymore.

Comment

I've seen Ward fight live at oracle. I'll never make that mistake again.

Comment

Working...
                  X