Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ioka might vacate immediately if he wins the IBF belt: Who will get next dibs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ioka might vacate immediately if he wins the IBF belt: Who will get next dibs?

Roman or Shiming?

http://www.asianboxing.info/5/post/2....html#comments

looks like he wants to be the Japanese Pac

Shiming isn't even rated by the IBF right now, but that's never stopped anything, even though the IBF have generally been good about following up.

The top 2 spots are vacant, so it isn't out of this world to say he'll be in there sooner than later.

Roman though, while he isn't the number 1 or 2, he is number four with the top 2 spots vacant.... pretty much making him the number 2 (under concepcion).

http://www.ibf-usba-boxing.com/

I hope it's Roman vs Concepcion because that's a fantastic fight and if it's Shiming... well a very protected fighter against another crap fighter

I wonder if Ioka just wants to get on up on Koki. Can't see him filling out at 115 by the end of this year, never mind summer or Autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by LowBlowKO View Post
      I wonder if Ioka just wants to get on up on Koki. Can't see him filling out at 115 by the end of this year, never mind summer or Autumn.
      It's a race to Kono... And I think Kono will pick Ioka to hand him his first loss and have the weight advantage in the fight

Comment

It's either he's trying to be the next Koki or he's trying to set up a fight with Koki.

Overall it's disappointing again with him that he might leave flyweight which is superstacked but guess it depends on weather he moves up or not sounds like a risky move one and done.

Anyway Koki is still a big draw if he's allowed to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          It's either he's trying to be the next Koki or he's trying to set up a fight with Koki.

Overall it's disappointing again with him that he might leave flyweight which is superstacked but guess it depends on weather he moves up or not sounds like a risky move one and done.

Anyway Koki is still a big draw if he's allowed to fight.
          I think he might since Koki has been slipping lately

Comment

That's weak IMO. Amnat is already the weakest champ at 112 and moving up right after that means no Yaegashi rematch, no Gonzalez, Estrada, and the list goes on of top contenders.
            I'd rather see Ioka stick around 112 because its one of the best divisions in boxing but it sounds like he's not to interested. But if he moves up and fights Srisaket, Kono, or Kameda that be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              That's weak IMO. Amnat is already the weakest champ at 112 and moving up right after that means no Yaegashi rematch, no Gonzalez, Estrada, and the list goes on of top contenders.
              I'd rather see Ioka stick around 112 because its one of the best divisions in boxing but it sounds like he's not to interested. But if he moves up and fights Srisaket, Kono, or Kameda that be alright.
              Yea, 112 is stacked and one of the best...
              Ioka seems concerned with belt grabbing though.

I'd like him to stay, he can have the Yaegashi rematch and leave afterwards. I don't think he'll face Roman though because him and his team understand the dangers of him.

Comment

Working...
              X