Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham in Tears Over Loss: I Was Cheated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham in Tears Over Loss: I Was Cheated!

Former champion Steve Cunningham was very emotional after losing a controversial split decision to Tomasz Adamek in their IBF heavyweight title eliminator at the Sands Bethlehem Events Center in Bethlehem, PA. Adamek (48-2) came out on top with scores of 115-112 and 116-112, while Cunningham (25-5) was the winner of the third card with a score of 115-113 for Cunningham (25-5). Two of the judges gave Adamek three of the last four rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I definitely thought Cunnigham deserved a draw at least. I had him winning 7-5 or 8-4.

Comment

"This isn't a game."

Feeling pretty bad for Cunningham right now. That is a good quote, he just lost all of that time and effort he spent in training camp or otherwise preparing for this bout because of dodgy judging. Nevermind the actual fighting he did.

Comment

keep crying brah

adamek did his thang

Comment

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
          keep crying brah

adamek did his thang
          Get jabbed over and over again? Get hit constantly with the right?

Comment

Feel bad for Steve.... People know who won this fight.... Even though that doesn't help his standing with the IBF

Comment

Adamek's thing is getting beaten as soon as he leaves his hometown bumfight comfort zone. He's the most overrated fighter I've come across in the 5 years I've been watching boxing so far.

Comment

It was a close fight, there was definitely no robbery.

If Cunningham had been more aggressive, he'd have won. But he ran too much and didn't throw enough in some of the rounds. He just jabbed, he should have thrown more power punches.

Adamek landed far more power punches according to the statistics.

When Adamek would hit Cunningham, BJ Flores would say "hard right by Cunningham". Likely many viewers were influenced by the jingoistic commentary.

Comment

post fight presser

Comment

So there was 2 separate score card changes? This should be ruled a No Contest and the judges disciplined. This is professional prizefighting, you can only call what you see, but there shouldn't be any post fight fidgeting with the scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                    X