No announcement yet.

The Vasyl Lomachenko Rematch Clause Official Story Doesn't Even Make Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vasyl Lomachenko Rematch Clause Official Story Doesn't Even Make Sense

So the official story is that Lomachenko was so arrogant in his ability to beat Teofimo, that when offered a rematch clause, he turned it down and said he didn't need it.

Based on confidence in his ability alone, this official story makes perfect sense. But the official story completely falls apart when we remember that ability alone is not the only variable in winning a fight. Loma is a fighter who just a few fights ago suffered a bad injury during the fight vs Linares. Loma is a fighter who has also experienced bad scorecards multiple times in his career.

Even if he believed there was zero chance that he, when healthy, would lose to Lopez, he still would have required a rematch clause because of the possibility of fight-ending injury, or robbery on the scorecards, both of which he knows first hand are significant possibilities in any fight.

So really, it makes zero sense, and seems like more WWE promotional bull****. In my opinion, it's like one of those early found footage movies where, when audiences watched it for the first time without knowing what to expect, some of them thought it was real, but once you start to actually think about it, you see there are so many plot holes in the supposed story that it had to have been fake. In my opinion.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-23-2020, 11:23 PM.

Lol

First of Loma was as healthy as Lopez and he still lost.

As for why no clause you answered the question already.

PURE ARROGANCE!!!!!!’

Loma stands no chance at ever beating Lopez who just better than him in every dept.

Comment

For a boxer that lost to an Uber driver on the score cards, You would think he would mandate a rematch clouse knowing Bob Arum could shaft him again

Comment

Teo ruins lives

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          Teo ruins lives
          He’s ruined the lives of 45% of this site. Especially Revelated. That guy has gone crazy

Comment

Wow is this is true then Lomo just screwed himself. Lopez should tell him to go earn that rematch.

Comment

Why blame loma? It’s his promoters job. Naive promoting.

Comment

Makes perfect sense...Teo was a champion too, so he should've been entitled to a rematch clause. If there wasn't one in there, it's because the A-side didn't want it, because he didn't think he needed it.

Comment

I don't see how Arum doesn't make the rematch, he knows it's the biggest fight for both and would probably double the ratings (which were pretty good). Don't forget that Arum has force fed us pointless rematches like Pac-Bradley so I don't see how he doesn't pull all the strings and sweeten the pot for Teo.

My only concern is if Loma really wants that work again.

Comment

Negotiations for this fight were not easy going. Leaving out the rematch clause was probably what it took to get everyone on the same page financially. Not unheard of.

Comment

Working...
                    X