Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would BJS make more money against: Canelo or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares....

Comment

How much is the advantage of fighting at home worth though? Canelo may pay a bit more, but the home advantage would take it closer to even.

Comment

It would depend. Fight Golovkin first and win, negotiate a fair split with Canelo. Fight Canelo first, get screwed on the split.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathWish View Post
          Not recently, but Oscar did say something to the effect of slashing their initial offer in half after seeing BJS’ horrid performance at his comeback fight after being injured for 1-2 years against that Akavov guy

Here’s the YT link:
          https://youtu.be/tH15n4CDRHo
          Oh. That was like 18mths ago. Id like to see how much his tune changed now.

Comment

He will never fight Canelo. That fight can't happen in the UK and nobody in America gives a crap about Silly Ho.

Golovkin would come to the UK so it's possible but if i was GGG i wouldn't bother. Saunders is trash and is hanging onto the belt fighting GGG's left-overs. That's no way to earn a shot at the main-man.

Comment

Canelo in vegas obviously.

I also don't really believe he's injured. This is classic frank warren. This guy cancels more shows than anyone ever. He booked the O2 for BJS vs Murray and probably was struggling to sell tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                He will never fight Canelo. That fight can't happen in the UK and nobody in America gives a crap about Silly Ho.

Golovkin would come to the UK so it's possible but if i was GGG i wouldn't bother. Saunders is trash and is hanging onto the belt fighting GGG's left-overs. That's no way to earn a shot at the main-man.
                Seems like HBO were pretty high on BJS and the fight was talked about on all kinds of shows incl . first take etc.

The moment Lemeiux missed widely and BJS looked into the crowd went viral..

I'd say his profile is good in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Canelo in vegas obviously.

I also don't really believe he's injured. This is classic frank warren. This guy cancels more shows than anyone ever. He booked the O2 for BJS vs Murray and probably was struggling to sell tickets.
                  I believe Okolie/Chamberlain outsold this fight. That shows where BJS is in the food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Seems like HBO were pretty high on BJS and the fight was talked about on all kinds of shows incl . first take etc.

The moment Lemeiux missed widely and BJS looked into the crowd went viral..

I'd say his profile is good in the states.
                    Sure that was a good JPEG but he's barely known in the UK let alone the States.

Canelo sells against ANYONE but BJS would be a horrible fight and BJS will likely demand more money than Golden Boy are willing to pay.

Canelo v Jacobs/Charlo is a lot more likely IMO and a much better fight stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                      Sure that was a good JPEG but he's barely known in the UK let alone the States.

Canelo sells against ANYONE but BJS would be a horrible fight and BJS will likely demand more money than Golden Boy are willing to pay.

Canelo v Jacobs/Charlo is a lot more likely IMO and a much better fight stylistically.
                      No way Canelo fights a live dog like Jacobs or Charo if GGG fights Saunders. Canelo will fight a patsy and then set up the winner of GGG/Saunders for Cinco de Mayo.

Comment

Working...
                      X