No announcement yet.

Re watching Mayweather Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    I think you need to brush up on what a "bum" is. Bums don't win world titles in boxing, bums don't have long undefeated streaks either. The bums are the guys with double digit losses, the bums are those guys who've never even challenged for a world title let alone won a world title.

Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Pacquiao, De La Hoya, Whitaker, Holyfield, Lewis, Klitsckho all couldn't attain a 43-0 record. Hatton was no all time great but he certainly as no slouch either.
    i will never forget this part.. the dude was literally making fun of pac's move saying he does the same move over and over and then come fight night, he gets caught with that same move!!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      he fought weak comp. just because you win a title doesnt mean you're an ATG. there's about 3-4 names on his resume that stands out. the rest are bums!!! are you a hatton fan or something?
      It's still an accomplishment. Do you know how taxing that would be on the body to compete and win 43 straight fights in a row?
      Many elite fighters couldn't attain that record and they fought their fair share of bums too.

I'm no Hatton fan but I respect what he was able to accomplish in boxing. You're just discredting Hatton so you can discredit Mayweather and give him no credit for defeating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        It's still an accomplishment. Do you know how taxing that would be on the body to compete and win 43 straight fights in a row?
        Many elite fighters couldn't attain that record and they fought their fair share of bums too.

I'm no Hatton fan but I respect what he was able to accomplish in boxing. You're just discredting Hatton so you can discredit Mayweather and give him no credit for defeating him.
        wtf??? i even said pac gets no credit. did you miss that part? when floyd fought him, he was a bum, when pac fought him, he was a bum.

why i be saying this to discredit floyd's win? pac did a better job on hatton and im still shiieting on it because hatton wasnt all that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
          why did floyd retire after hatton, he had paul williams margarito mosley and cotto all looking to fight him, 4 out of the top 5 guys at ww at the time, all massive fights but he retired, any reasons for that? That was the hottest division in boxing at the time too, very very odd
          Larry, Dunn, Iron Dan, Ms. Travesty, and all sav a Floyd's report to your battlestations

Comment

To be completely honest, Joe Cortez did a really awful job that night, but Hatton never had a chance vs Floyd.

His one foray into the welterweight division before his fight with Floyd was very close fight with Luis Collazo.

And to be honest, his only meaningful win in his career was that travesty of a fight against Kostya Tszyu where they did everything but tie Tszyus hands behind his back.

Comment

hatton is a bum got destroyed by pac and Floyd and the other 147 fight I rerember with him besides the Floyd fight was a bs decision against collazo. Hatton was way fn overrated

Comment

Working...
              X