No announcement yet.

U.S. slavery reparations sought in first Black Lives Matter agenda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
    Affirmative action is a good thing, Bigots like Sterling would never employ a black person if in the position to do so and given a choice.

I do believe that people should be employed based on their merits which is a bit of a contradiction, but reality is people with black sounding names are less likely to receive a call back from an employer regardless of qualifications. Affirmative action was required to put an end to the micro aggressions displayed by people like Sterling wouldn't employ African American Taniesha even if she had a PHD.

As for reparations yes they are something that should be paid out but not to the individual but to the community.
    How much should be given to Native Americans, Jewish Americans, Irish Americans, Japanese Americans, or Russiam Americans for their past sufferring?

Trump is the biggest racist in the world according to the Democrats, yet he has both African Americans and Democrats working for him. What gives?

Comment

I am 100% certain that if the historical contributions/burdens of each US ethnicity on the country at large were scientifically tallied up and financial payouts calculated, the people currently supporting/opposing reparations would flip sides.

The costs of massively disproportionate crime rates, disproportionate consumption of public services, comparatively low contribution in return, etc have eclipsed the total (and very marginal) profitability of slavery several thousand times by now. A great deal of these "BLM" people who grew up in heavily subsidized environments would receive reparations in the form of a bill stating they own several million dollars a head.

That would be some cold logical Chinese approach though. I'm sure in the US statistics won't be discussed at all and whoever is doing the worst right now will be deemed "oppressed" and handed a symbolic $50 Blockbuster gift card.
      Last edited by ////; 08-03-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        How much should be given to Native Americans, Jewish Americans, Irish Americans, Japanese Americans, or Russiam Americans for their past sufferring?

Trump is the biggest racist in the world according to the Democrats, yet he has both African Americans and Democrats working for him. What gives?
        I agree that any race that has been exploited by another should get a reperation of sorts it is not my job to determine the amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          Absolutely. It did wonders for white women. Don't you support affirmative action? Being that it has given the white woman an enormous push in leveling the playing field in the contemporary workforce, as well as growing their competitiveness of the workforce and increasing their access to higher education. What's there not to like about it. I think it complements the woman's rights movement quite nicely don't you?

Of course I support affirmative action. It has helped white women tremendously. Why? Don't you support the aid of white women in the fight for economical equality? Since LBJ added women to affirmative action in 1967, it has disproportionately benefited white women compared to any other group. I'm all for a level playing field and since affirmative action gives white women a level playing field I'm with it. Aren't you?

No! It's a misguided idea. I am for hiring the best possible candidate for any job no matter what is the color,religion, sexual orientation and what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post

LMFAAOOOOO racismreview.com??? diversity.com??? madamnoire.com??? what happened? was killwhitey.com not available? how about stepheasmiff.com?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

yea you keep thinking that affirmative action is the reason why women started going to college and started having careers and not because of the womens rights movements and feminism (real feminism) of the 60s and 70s or other factors and trends such as economic convergence, changing social norms for women, the introduction of the pill for contraceptive use in the 1960s which allowed women to be sloots and allowed them to plan for their future better. there are a myriad of other variables to take into account for the upward mobility of women like the post world war 2 financial return which greatly increased the ability for women to pursue higher education or the changing gender societal norms for women in education (sicence and math) or in occupation such as architecture or medicine which was traditionally seen as male occupation. to say that it was because of affirmative action is downright ignorant and factually incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              then their 1st goal is to stop the black on black crime in chicago and elsewhere.... black on black crime is statistically much, much higher and any other race on black crime. Those are facts that will constantly get ignored... or you'll hear the typical "white man holding me down" bs

if the white man, and a history of free blackness in america that really isn't all that long, isn't responsible for the gap in SES between whites and blacks, what is?

are blacks really that lazy and stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                No! It's a misguided idea. I am for hiring the best possible candidate for any job no matter what is the color,religion, sexual orientation and what have you.

You do realize without it tons of people wouldn't hire a woman or an African American even if they were the best for the job. They wouldn't even be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Why would they deserve money were they alive 500 years ago?

I just read one of their write ups and they want to Decriminalize drugs, prostitution, and theft?

they claim the prison system is racist and there is an agenda to lock up blacks. smh, uh those same rules and laws apply to everyone not just blacks nobody is targeting blacks, how about just be like every other law abiding citizen and don't do the CRIME if you don't want to do the TIME. common sense.

So basically they want to be criminals and get a free pass, for degenerate behavior, I wonder if this means for all people as well or just for blacks who commit those crimes? This movement is a joke run by evil people with no guilty or moral conscience.

Where's proof of this? I think you're a ****in lying b*itch. It's not just black people who want to decriminalize (some) drugs and prostitution. The war on drugs is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
                    Where's proof of this? I think you're a ****in lying b*itch. It's not just black people who want to decriminalize (some) drugs and prostitution. The war on drugs is a joke.
                    immoral people sell them

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      immoral people sell them

Ok. Where does it say they want to decriminalize theft?

Comment

Working...
                      X