Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight would be bigger: Loma vs Garcia or Crawford vs Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough choice. I'd be thrilled if even one happened in the next 2 years. I think Lomachenko-Garcia has a way better chance. Spence and Crawford will play the network and promoter BS until the end of time it looks like. Spence has too many options in Thurman, Porter, Garcia etc to last a few years. Crawford will be fighting stiffs for years it looks like

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
      Duran, Whitaker, Delahoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao were all former lightweights. What's your point?
      My point is that it's too early for Crawford, you have to give him a few more fights so that he can adjust to welterweight before we talk about the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I just gave you the seats sold. It is hard to argue Loma is a bigger fighter when he isn't a consistent arena fighter yet.

Prove what you think with some substantiated data like I did. Please post ticket prices before making a blanket statement. Don't just speculate in a way that supports your argument.

All his fights have been in the US except Pirypinyo and that was on the Manny/algieiri undercard. How then is he a big global draw? If Loma was such a big name globally, he wouldn't have to settle for a 5k seat arena in NYC.
        Garcia-Easter prices $50, 75, 150, 200, 300 & 500
        Loma-Linares prices $56, 106, 206, 306, 406 & 506
        Spence-Ocampo prices $36 up to $152 is all I could find but based on that it obviously was a lot cheaper.

Lomachenko tickets were $52 more expensive per ticket which means of the first 10k sold it generated $520k more and then with the average price of Mikey-Easter being $212 that made a difference of 425 so Loma's fight generated $100k more.

TV ratings isn't close. I believe Mikey-Broner, Broner is a big draw too was around 885k? Spence-Peterson was I believe 685k whereas Loma-Rigo was about the same as those COMBINED and at over 1.7m obviously a lot more too.

So, yeah perhaps similar figures at the gate, way more eyeballs tuning in and I'd be willing to bet he'd draw better than either guy in Europe as the A side. A quick check on social media shows on instagram Lomachenko has more than double of both those guys also combined which could also point to him being more popular.

Comment

Probably Garcia vs Loma. You get the Mexican fanbase plus Loma fans. Crawford and Spence don't really have the built in fanbase and as are less known than both Mikey and Loma.

Comment

Mikey b/c he's mexican.

Comment

Garcia, Crawford, Spence are about as interesting as mashed potatoes. So utterly devoid of wit or charm. Great fighters, but such witless saps out of the ring.

Loma, on the other hand, is charming and funny. Does't speak English that well but his body language and charisma makes him compelling to watch. Any fight he's in will be bigger than the aforementioned bores.

Comment

Loma vs Mikey is top for me. Crawford spence second. Top two fights to be made right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Tough choice. I'd be thrilled if even one happened in the next 2 years. I think Lomachenko-Garcia has a way better chance. Spence and Crawford will play the network and promoter BS until the end of time it looks like. Spence has too many options in Thurman, Porter, Garcia etc to last a few years. Crawford will be fighting stiffs for years it looks like
                  Danny garcia done proved himself to not ve at top level. Scratch him,out as that level of a guy. Thurman gonna be out little longer and have tune ups all next yr. Porter vs spence should happen asap. Then nothing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                    Danny garcia done proved himself to not ve at top level. Scratch him,out as that level of a guy. Thurman gonna be out little longer and have tune ups all next yr. Porter vs spence should happen asap. Then nothing.....
                    Losing close decisions to Thurman and Porter hardly exclude him from being a decent opponent of he rebounds with a good win IMO.

Comment

Equal.....

Comment

Working...
                      X