Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran, SRL, Hearns and Benitez.

Comment

You can say that Floyd at WW wasn't his best weight and had already adapted his style to his hand injuries. Ironically every fighter has to be in their prime to have a shot to beat the 147 Floyd that wasn't even in his prime. Prime Floyd was before he moved up to 147 and before his hand injury.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        No way Floyd gets through this list with his 0.
        Some of those guys lost to lesser fighters than Floyd.

Comment

People saying Duran really don't understand styles. Mayweather is Durans worst nightmare.

Comment

Only guy who has a chance is Rod Salka. He actually took a dive against Danny "The Tranny" Garcia though nobody will admit it.

Comment

surprised noone mentions Ike Quartey. I think Quartey stands a chance not just against Mayweather, but gives any welterweight of any era a hard time.

Comment

What's the condition though? Because without any preparation Floyd would annihilate all of the older fighters in his weight.

If the older fighters were allowed a year of training in these modern times then its a different story, but without any of that Floyd goes through them like butter.

The older guys were probably more gifted, but Floyd is a much more polished fighter than them.

I know some of you might think I'm crazy, but don't look down on modern fighters too much. Training methods have kept evolving and the difference it would make in an actual fight is nothing too laugh about.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  I never made that distinction about his age. The Floyd that existed fought at an earlier age at a lighter weight... all the more reason why welter is not the best comparison weight.

Why not simply put Armstrong at 130 135 and compare him to Floyd? if it strikes your fancy? And it is up to everyone to clarify (I guess) if they are going to put the scenario as one where prime Floyd is a Welter, or not.

To me? at welter prime or not Floyd gets destroyed by Armstrong cause he can't keep him off of him....Different story at 130/35 where it could go either way...Still give the advantage slightly to Hank but its a winnable fight for Floyd under certain conditions imo.

Your bone to pick is not with me its with nobody really though it could be clarified if we are talking a prime Floyd, or the older Floyd. Unless you want me to believe that a past it Floyd, at a heavier weight could compete as an ATG welter....
                  Why would a 37 year old Mayweather even be considered in this conversation in comparison to PRIME greats? Makes no sense.

Yeah they all smash a 37 year old Mayweather.

A 30 year old Mayweather beats all of them at age 37.

Hence why using the Maidana fight to judge it is just a dumb example because Floyd was 37 and way past it then.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Why would a 37 year old Mayweather even be considered in this conversation in comparison to PRIME greats? Makes no sense.

Yeah they all smash a 37 year old Mayweather.

A 30 year old Mayweather beats all of them at age 37.

Hence why using the Maidana fight to judge it is just a dumb example because Floyd was 37 and way past it then.
                    So let me get this straight...your bothering me because the OP asked about Floyd at welter in a general way, with no stipulatons, and the bug up your @33 is that because we have some indications that Floyd is susceptable to pressure because of the Madiana fight, you feel that there are absolutely no indications because Floyd was older.

First off Castillo was a problem he was a pressure guy, that was prime floyd, so we can assume some correlation with the same style when madiana gave him problems. I said a correlation.

Dan the madiana fight is not the only reason I think Floyd would have those problems. I know that won't be good enough for you so let me say here this is just too ******ed to debate. There are many correlations and they can figure into an opinion without being absolute. Madianna and Castillo are correlations. They give us some information.

Comment

In their prime? Probably like 7-8. I think even prime Manny/Mosley/Oscar would give Mayweather trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X