Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman!! 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      These guys are arguably the top 4 hardest punchers in Heavyweight history. I think Wilder is the harder puncher after watching Stiverne vs Wilder 2
      You cannot judge that by this fight. Wilder had no punch resistance what so ever. Butterbean has highlight reels but you don't hear him being discussed.

Elroy made a good point as well: you have to measure against whom the KO is occuring to gauge power.

Smaller succesful heavyweights? Parker, Andy Ruiz, Haye, among others John Ruiz held a belt, Holyfield held the belt, Tyson... Lets see who is supreme in this group what if Parker becomes the next "big" man? lol. Then size would prove to not be that important.

There used to be a freak that was on all these toughman contests. He was a wrestler I believe and he could hit hard enough that he got spectacular KO's against former football players (whom he hated), and a lot of other less experienced contestants. So what? Do that to a guy with a chin and skills like Louis and Lewis did for example....

And finally some one mentioned the excellent athletes going to football, and how Deontay is one of them.... there is a long history of footballers trying their hand in the sweet science, look at the stats some time, they did not clean house thats for sure.
      Last edited by billeau2; 11-05-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

When Liston, Foreman, and Shavers landed clean, you could get back up again.

When Wilder lands on you clean, you aint getting back up.

Comment

Wilder hits hard but how come there's no footage of him on heavybag looking like a hard puncher
          There's footage of Mike Tyson looking scary on bag. Why no wilder? Him koing 40 people isn't scary. They could be chinny. Him hitting heavybag with microphone on bag could make me think I wouldn't want to be that bag.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 10-31-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Anyone who Actually knows what hard shots and how transferred knows its Mike Tyson.

Whos has speed ,Accuracy and technique over all those guys its not even a question unless someones nostalgic head is stuck up their rear or they believe in the boogeyman and think Wilder..( it is Halloween )

lets put this in ACTUSAL perspective.

Shavers knockouts 40 journeyman. to get his rep meanwhile losing to just about every guy who says he hits the hardest.

Foreman has not knocked out very big guys either...he was a huge clubber nd is more of a great finisher then an actual one shot guy. Though he hits harder then Shavers his resume would PROVE that.

Wilder ha just ONE actual top guy rounding his list of knockouts...most of his title fights/higher level opposition were not actually knocked out some quit on their stool while others ran out of gas though through punches being taking.

Mike Tyson has fought proven chins like Holmes/ Spinks / a younger Ruddock/ a dominate Bruno who no one ever beat unless he was gassed...Tyson knocked out pinklon Thomas in the 80's/ staggered Green on drugs in 10 rounds and destroyed Tubbs/ Tillman and Golota out of his prime like no one else besides Lewis who actually should be on the list bc his over hand right was much stronger then any punch shavers thew when it landed on point at full thrust.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-31-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              You think 6'3 216lb Ali could take a Wilder right hand flush on the chin? You think he could rope a dope picking punches off his guard would work against him? Today's heavies are much larger, that means increased durability, there are no more 5'11 guys like Frazier. It's filled with 250lb guys that are just physically bigger.

Wilder's power is ridiculous and undeniable.
              You do realise chicken legs is only 225lbs him self?

If wilder can’t knock you out he can’t beat you it’s as simple as that.

I’d add Lewis the to the big puncher list, I rate him as the top heavy in any list

Comment

Working...
              X