No announcement yet.

Ward might return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward might return

He might do what Floyd did back in 2007-2009, retire when the division was really hotting up and return later once all the fighters had taken a bit out of each other.

Beterbiev was about to be Ward's mandatory and Ward wanted no part of him and there's other good fighters coming through too.

He wants no part of the likes of Beterbiev, Bivol etc.. As good/dangerous as Kovalev is, these guys are technically better than him and Ward knows it.

He will probably stay retired unless someone comes along that generates big money and it tempts him out of retirement. Floyd was too big a draw himself so the opportunities were always there

He'll return for a fight vs GGG within a year or two.

Comment

Ward should stay retired. Fans will bash anything you do and make a case for any next fringe contender with a foreign name by saying you're avoiding them and acting as if you're legacy is dependent on them as if you've done nothing.

It's an unforgiving sport and you can't please everyone, so best to make the decision for you, your wife and family. I would commend a fighter like Ward to enjoy the fruits of his labor while he's young. Rather than letting people guilt him into pushing harder when the motivation is gone which can result in an unnecessary beating.

I would love to see him fight more, but one should find a way to respect what he has accomplished and respect the fact that these guys fight for more than proving they can beat every next top 5 contender. He's fighting for his family as well.

I think he deserves time to healthily LIVE for his family without major damage and slurred speech as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        He might do what Floyd did back in 2007-2009, retire when the division was really hotting up and return later once all the fighters had taken a bit out of each other.

Beterbiev was about to be Ward's mandatory and Ward wanted no part of him and there's other good fighters coming through too.

He wants no part of the likes of Beterbiev,
        Bivol etc.. As good/dangerous as Kovalev is, these guys are technically better than him and Ward knows it.

He will probably stay retired unless someone comes along that generates big money and it tempts him out of retirement. Floyd was too big a draw himself so the opportunities were always there
        i did tell people ward wouldnt ever fight him and i got laughed at.....

Comment

There's no desire to see him back, he's nowhere near Floyd when it comes to popularity. He's a very forgettable fighter/character.

Comment

Should have one last fight. Fighters should always let you know when it's their last fight so fans can pay their respect knowing it is your last fight.
            They supported you through your career so deserve that at the very least

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              i did tell people ward wouldnt ever fight him and i got laughed at.....
              You are so fuking stupid it hurts

Comment

Kind of surprising tbh. Great HOF fighter and GOAT SMW. Hopefully he fights again in a year or so if the right matchup evolves...nothing interesting on the horizon though tbh

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                  You are so fuking stupid it hurts
                  well whats happened then? beterbiev about to become mandatory, ward retires. And dont give me **** about 'noone knows who beterbiev is' noone knew who the **** brand, rodriguez or barrera was but that didnt stop ward from fighting him. Ward cant draw flies to **** even with kovalev as his dance partner so he shouldnt be expecting big paydays in any fight.

Comment

After the debacles his last fights were he's probably emotionally exhausted, tired of people throwing trash at him and spitting on him in public, wants to lay low for a while

Comment

Working...
                    X