Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried to watch "EARTHLINGS" on two separate occasions and couldn't do it...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to watch "EARTHLINGS" on two separate occasions and couldn't do it...

First time I made it about 25 minutes in and was getting so sick to my stomach I had to shut it off.

2nd attempt I picked up where I left off and got about 10 minutes in before my stomach started turning again...

Have any of you guys actually seen this documentary? I mean I had a basic idea of how slaughterhouses operated but without seeing it and the cruelty that ensues it's very easy to not give any of it a 2nd thought.

Any vegetarians or vegans in here? Pitch me now please because I'm ready to jump ship.

Pretty effective documentary, really. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, I just choose where my animal products come from carefully and 90% of the time buy from sources that I know don't run their operation inhumanely like the disgusting facilities shown in Earthlings do.

For instance, salmon:
    http://www.saikousalmon.com
    Also nice that it's literally the best quality stuff I've ever tasted.
    Last edited by samouraļ; 07-18-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
      Pretty effective documentary, really. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, I just choose where my animal products come from carefully and 90% of the time buy from sources that I know don't run their operation inhumanely like the disgusting facilities shown in Earthlings do.

For instance, salmon:
      http://www.saikousalmon.com
      Also nice that it's literally the best quality stuff I've ever tasted.

Good idea I'm gonna look into that.

Comment

i watched it 4 years ago and haven't touched meat since. I still remember the exact day too. It was totally unplanned and I just happened to stumble on the documentary. After watching it however, I don't see how anyone could ever allow themselves to eat meat ever again. Those animals suffer some of the most horrendous, torturous conditions I've ever seen and it's just something that humans KNOWINGLY choose to remain ignorant about.

What annoys me is that most people bash me for being vegetarian and it's almost always completely unprovoked. My friends and family. However when I rebuttal their claims as to why I don't eat meat by giving them examples such as this documentary, they automatically ***** up and respond with some dumb ass excuse as to why they won't watch it. I swear sometimes I feel that they know exactly what these animals endure but choose not to watch it because of the guilty conscience that comes with knowing the truth. Instead they'd rather judge me and make themselves the victims as they say I'm preachy when the fact is, I tell them how it really is. I guess most people don't really give a **** about anything other than themselves and the pleasures they can get out of life, even if it comes at the expense of another sentient being living a horrible life and dying a screaming death***8230;.

Comment

Originally posted by neiman View Post
          i watched it 4 years ago and haven't touched meat since. I still remember the exact day too. It was totally unplanned and I just happened to stumble on the documentary. After watching it however, I don't see how anyone could ever allow themselves to eat meat ever again. Those animals suffer some of the most horrendous, torturous conditions I've ever seen and it's just something that humans KNOWINGLY choose to remain ignorant about.

What annoys me is that most people bash me for being vegetarian and it's almost always completely unprovoked. My friends and family. However when I rebuttal their claims as to why I don't eat meat by giving them examples such as this documentary, they automatically ***** up and respond with some dumb ass excuse as to why they won't watch it. I swear sometimes I feel that they know exactly what these animals endure but choose not to watch it because of the guilty conscience that comes with knowing the truth. Instead they'd rather judge me and make themselves the victims as they say I'm preachy when the fact is, I tell them how it really is. I guess most people don't really give a **** about anything other than themselves and the pleasures they can get out of life, even if it comes at the expense of another sentient being living a horrible life and dying a screaming death***8230;.

I mentioned the film to a Co worker and he immediately brushed it off and said it's exaggerated and the liberal media just wants you to believe animals are being mistreated because they are hippys....

I was puzzled and told him the film is basically hidden camera footage of actual events not anyone telling you about it but you actually seeing it...

Then he went on to say if blab about Obama so I just walked off.

This was the first person I mentioned the film to. I had no idea it would turn into a political debate cause I honestly was only thinking of the suffering on the movie not any political party or a left wing vs conservative argument.

Comment

The commentator says 'If we had to kill our own meat, most of us would be vegetarian'... which kinda shows what a bitch he is. What a bitch society is becoming.

I don't condone animal cruelty, can't stand it. But I accept that there are instances where animals aren't killed humanely. A lot of how you feel is condition by the society we live.

The dog that was placed in the back of the trash truck to be crushed - I didn't like seeing that. But if it had been a chicken, I know it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Also, watching an hour and a half of any life form being killed, it's innards exposed, blood pouring etc will invoke negative feelings. It sucks and it's not fair but it'll never really change. I mean, look at how we treat each other with such contempt.

Comment

Chicken, beef & salmon were made to be eaten. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                Chicken, beef & salmon were made to be eaten. The end.
                So only chickens, beef, and salmon were made to be eaten? Dogs are eaten in certain parts of the world? Were they made to be eaten? What about raccoons who are skinned alive. All animals have a response to pain just as you do.

You can't sit here and tell me than a cow does not respond to pain if it's being stabbed. You and the cow would have the same exact response when being pierced by a knife. Pain. "Ouch." "Stop".

I seriously don't understand how people are so stupid that they provide invalid logic citing why it's okay to kill an animal or saying that they were made to be eaten.

I realize that the world becoming vegetarian is a stretch, my only issue is just the sentiment that the masses share about animals suffering under these conditions. They just simply don't give a ****. As more people populate these planet, these conditions and the amount of death will only become worse as we have to feed more people.

That doesn't bother you at all man? Millions of animals were inhumanely slaughtered today just to satisfy some fat **** who felt he deserved a burger (5-10 minutes worth of satisfaction).

If you honestly don't care for the well being of something that you are placed higher than on the natural order of life, then naturally you shouldn't cry when people who are considered of a higher status than you, don't give a **** about your problems. Don't cry when bad **** happens to you because you obviously don't care when it happens to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by neiman View Post
                  So only chickens, beef, and salmon were made to be eaten? Dogs are eaten in certain parts of the world? Were they made to be eaten? What about raccoons who are skinned alive. All animals have a response to pain just as you do.

You can't sit here and tell me than a cow does not respond to pain if it's being stabbed. You and the cow would have the same exact response when being pierced by a knife. Pain. "Ouch." "Stop".

I seriously don't understand how people are so stupid that they provide invalid logic citing why it's okay to kill an animal or saying that they were made to be eaten.

I realize that the world becoming vegetarian is a stretch, my only issue is just the sentiment that the masses share about animals suffering under these conditions. They just simply don't give a ****. As more people populate these planet, these conditions and the amount of death will only become worse as we have to feed more people.

That doesn't bother you at all man? Millions of animals were inhumanely slaughtered today just to satisfy some fat **** who felt he deserved a burger (5-10 minutes worth of satisfaction).

If you honestly don't care for the well being of something that you are placed higher than on the natural order of life, then naturally you shouldn't cry when people who are considered of a higher status than you, don't give a **** about your problems. Don't cry when bad **** happens to you because you obviously don't care when it happens to something else.
                  You completely missed my point. I mentioned chicken, beef & salmon because that's what I love. I eat pork every now and then but I'm not crazy about it. But Roast dinner, beef stew & salmon en croute are magnificent. I personally have no problem with people eating dogs because it's just a different culture. Maybe dogs taste really good, I don't know. Same with Raccoons. If they taste great, I'd eat them.

Humans are better than animals. We have moral foundations so we look out for each other. We kill animals to eat them, not because we enjoy making them suffer.

Humans have been eating meat for tens of thousands of years and it has benefited them greatly. Killing animals to consume them is not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X